cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended - Credit Card is not being accepted?

shaken_bacon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I've been a long time public mobile member. My account has been on auto-pay and I haven't run into an issue until now...

For some reason my payment wasn't going through. I contacted the bank and apparently the payment wouldn't go through because public mobile had my old credit card information... So I tried replacing the card with the updated information (which is strange because this should have been done, I've been using this card for about a year.)

This still failed. I eventually removed the card completely and tried re-entering and it still keeps failing. So at this point I don't know what to do... How do I get my account reactivated... And also how do I get my auto-pay loyalty back? This appears to be on public mobiles side of things.

11 REPLIES 11

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@compactfishI agree with @Anonymous  to get your service running buy a voucher either from recharge.com which charges a service fee but no taxes or drive/take bus etc to a store buy a voucher +taxes and get your service going. I live in BC and pay 12% tax,  I would go the recharge route myself, its quicker and for me usually a couple cents cheaper than buying a voucher at a store or paying with my cc.  

or wait without servcie till mods get back to you, (last i heard it was around 3 days) + additional back and forths. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@compactfish wrote:

I was on Autopay, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the address I have on file. It has worked fine for several months.

I tried re-entering my credit card info, and I tried every permutation of my address, and it still doesn't work.

Recharge.com clearly charges a service fee, which I'd rather not pay when the issue seems to be with Public Mobile.

Sure. In principle. But do you want your service back? Yes they charge a service fee. You pay sales taxes via your credit card each time you renew. You would pay sales taxes if you go to a store and buy a voucher. As I said, if you don't live in Alberta then recharge comes out to be a little less (not much) than paying the taxes in a store.

Did you fully remove your credit card? Did you match the address exactly to what you see on your credit card bill?

Yes. Autopay can have hiccups on occassion. So there are workarounds and known fixes.

compactfish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was on Autopay, so there shouldn't be anything wrong with the address I have on file. It has worked fine for several months.

I tried re-entering my credit card info, and I tried every permutation of my address, and it still doesn't work.

Recharge.com clearly charges a service fee, which I'd rather not pay when the issue seems to be with Public Mobile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@compactfish wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem. I called my credit card, and the issue isn't with them. I looked at Recharge.com as the other user suggested, but they clearly charge a fee for their service... not acceptable.

I sent a private message to the moderators yesterday, but I'm still waiting for an answer. Hopefully I get a response soon.

If you live in Alberta then yes recharge.com would "cost" more than buying in a store. But if you don't then they actually net out to be a titch cheaper than buying in a store. Not many free lunches around.

As for your credit card...remove the current one, add it again but make sure the address you enter is exactly like it shows on your credit card bill. If you have a unit # then don't use the unit field. And finally the space in the postal code may not be needed.

compactfish
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the exact same problem. I called my credit card, and the issue isn't with them. I looked at Recharge.com as the other user suggested, but they clearly charge a fee for their service... not acceptable.

I sent a private message to the moderators yesterday, but I'm still waiting for an answer. Hopefully I get a response soon.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaken_bacon wrote:

Are you paying a premium for recharge? 

Like is it going to cost me more doing it this way? 

If you're in Alberta then it'll cost more than going to a store and buying a voucher that way. If outside of Alberta then it generally comes out to be a titch less than buying in a store.

shaken_bacon

Are you paying a premium for recharge? 

Like is it going to cost me more doing it this way? 

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You'll need to buy vouchers that add up to or go a bit over the $100 mark, I think. Recharge is great in that it's real-time so the vouchers always work, but not so great in the odd amounts they come in.

Add them to your account by dialing *611.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaken_bacon wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions unfortunately the billing information was identical to the profile address. 

My bill is a 90 day period and is over $100. I couldn't figure out how to do this on recharge.com is this possible? How does this work?

Not the profile address...adding the credit card needs an address. Make sure that matches.

Recharge.com sells vouchers which you then enter into the system to add money to your account. You can enter multiple vouchers.

shaken_bacon

Thanks for the suggestions unfortunately the billing information was identical to the profile address. 

My bill is a 90 day period and is over $100. I couldn't figure out how to do this on recharge.com is this possible? How does this work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@shaken_bacon

To get going right away you can buy vouchers online at recharge.com.

For your credit card...make sure the address is entered exactly like the credit card billing address is. Don't use the unit # field also. And also maybe don't include the space in the postal code.

Need Help? Let's chat.