cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account suspended - AutoPay is on, worked before, same card

sceresia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Discovered today I can't make calls or use data. Logged into dashboard and it says my account is suspended, but there is also a message that says "you can disregard this if you have autopay turned on" (I do).

AutoPay worked for me for months before and I'm using the same credit card. Tried to make a manual payment just so i can get service back, but it said "there is a problem with your card - this can happen if you try to make the same payment twice".

I see no charge on my credit card yet. Have tried messaging mods but no answer. Could it be a holiday weekend thing and the charge is just taking long to process? Super frustrating...

7 REPLIES 7

@CellGirl wrote:

@sceresia wrote:

So just an update: got a reply from the Mods saying there is either an issue with my credit card expiry date or insufficient funds (both which are not the case) so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I removed the credit card and tried doing payment through my debit card and that worked immediately so problem solved.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

@sceresia 

Hi. For future piece of mind, as @Lieux mentioned, it's best to make a manual payment of the amount due before your renewal date occurs, even though you have auto-pay enabled. Then at least, you won't have to go through this grief again!  🙂

It would be interesting to find out how widespread this issue might be.  To me it doesn't make sense of having autopay if you then need to manually enter funds every month anyway.  Maybe PM can let us know how often this happens, although they probably won't.

For the record I've been on autopay since joining PM a year ago and haven't had any issues of service disruptions after the payment.  This time I was concerned because of a scheduled plan change from the old $15 to new $15 plan since there were so many postings of problems upon renewing to this plan.  My renewal was overnight, must admit I was almost tempted to manually add funds but decided to wait and see instead.  So, for now, everything looks like it went through without problems and I don't seem to have any problems on the account and am able to make and receive calls this morning. 

So hopefully this means PM has managed to resolve whatever bug was in the system for good.

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@sceresia wrote:

So just an update: got a reply from the Mods saying there is either an issue with my credit card expiry date or insufficient funds (both which are not the case) so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I removed the credit card and tried doing payment through my debit card and that worked immediately so problem solved.

@sceresia 

Hi. For future piece of mind, as @Lieux mentioned, it's best to make a manual payment of the amount due before your renewal date occurs, even though you have auto-pay enabled. Then at least, you won't have to go through this grief again!  🙂

@sceresia wrote:

Good news!

sceresia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sceresia 

There are 13 moderators online ATM on May 20 2:40pm MDT 

Normal number of moderators is between 7 to 10 during week days business hours.

But moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.

Sending private message to moderator team for help is correct.  Just have to wait.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@sceresia wrote:

Discovered today I can't make calls or use data. Logged into dashboard and it says my account is suspended, but there is also a message that says "you can disregard this if you have autopay turned on" (I do).

AutoPay worked for me for months before and I'm using the same credit card. Tried to make a manual payment just so i can get service back, but it said "there is a problem with your card - this can happen if you try to make the same payment twice".

I see no charge on my credit card yet. Have tried messaging mods but no answer. Could it be a holiday weekend thing and the charge is just taking long to process? Super frustrating...

You didn't say when you messaged the moderators, but response time can be anywhere from 2 to 48 hours. 

While you're waiting maybe try the lost/stolen trick...log in, select plans and add/ons, select phone lost/stolen, select suspend, log out, wait an few minutes, log back in report phone found, log out and reboot your phone and see if this helps to reset the account.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@sceresia wrote:

That's not a holiday thing....Autopay is not very trustful...the best is to put money BEFORE your renewal date with it to keep the 2$ credit each 30 days.

Did you try with 611 to put a manual payment? Is your credit card expiration date is far away from now?

Need Help? Let's chat.