cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account status: Plan Expired

Scafffy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have autopay turned on since I joined PM 5 months ago. All payments have gone through fine and my credit card is still active for other purchases. My account was due for payment yesterday, and it hasn't gone through for some reason.

I now have no service but am hesitant to try a manual payment because I feel I might get double billed.

Help!

13 REPLIES 13

jonathanlee

I was also given advice that it's good to manually top up before renewal date, despite having a credit card registered for autopay (in case the system takes more money from the card than it should). The fact that the credit card is registered earns you $2 autopay rewards per cycle. I manually paid before my latest renewal date and still got the $2 reward. 

Just click the 'My Rewards' tab in Self Serve to see how much you owe on your next cycle/payment after rewards are deducted. And then manually make the payment. 

@marcnoel wrote:

A-HA!  Since you brought it up, IF I top up my account manually just before payment is due, will it screw up my AutoPay rewards?  I've had AutoPay turned on for the past 3.5 years, and it's been fine... until this morning.  Neither my nor my wife's account plans renewed, so I sent a message to the Mods, but couldn't wait any longer for a response, so I got a couple of vouchers, and topped up both accounts.  Lu-ck-ily, that worked.  I did try manual payments with the registered credit card, but no go.  I'm now waiting to see if this will be resolved, or if I have to continue topping with vouchers.  I am thinking of paying manually the day before renewal, but am concerned that I won't continue to get AutoPay rewards, since it is not automatically paying.  Whadja think?

As z10user4 was saying, it would make no difference.

Your greatest concern would be possibly adding the top up vouchers to your account without realizing that your credit card may have already been charged (assuming that you did manage to save your card to your Public Mobile account).  However, if that happened, the extra would just be available for next time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcnoel wrote:

Thank thank you you.  Never thought to pay that way before, as there was no reason to do so.

Now, if only the system will once again recognize my credit card, because it wouldn't today.  I would just keep paying with vouchers, except that they are not custom amounts.  The minimum at Walmart was $ 22.00, but my plan price is currently $ 12.00.  At present, I owe $ 1.00 for next month.  I really don't want to have to pay $ 22.00 via voucher because my credit card won't work.

Different stores seem to have different values too. But whatever is excess will just go towards the next renewal.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank thank you you.  Never thought to pay that way before, as there was no reason to do so.

Now, if only the system will once again recognize my credit card, because it wouldn't today.  I would just keep paying with vouchers, except that they are not custom amounts.  The minimum at Walmart was $ 22.00, but my plan price is currently $ 12.00.  At present, I owe $ 1.00 for next month.  I really don't want to have to pay $ 22.00 via voucher because my credit card won't work.

marcnoel

I understand your reasoning, but you can run into problems with any carrier.  None are perfect.

I had two clients that got Palm Pilots through Bell, then found out after there was no reception at their home.  Two years later, Bell was still trying to sue them for payment, even though Bell should have known ahead of time there was no reception, and not sold them the devices/plans.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marcnoel 

The autopay reward will stay as long as a payment card is registered and autopay is toggled on.

Renewals always come out of Available Funds first before it even looks at a payment card. So therefore if there's money there then it will renew. Neverminding that it could take payment from the payment card.

marcnoel

A-HA!  Since you brought it up, IF I top up my account manually just before payment is due, will it screw up my AutoPay rewards?  I've had AutoPay turned on for the past 3.5 years, and it's been fine... until this morning.  Neither my nor my wife's account plans renewed, so I sent a message to the Mods, but couldn't wait any longer for a response, so I got a couple of vouchers, and topped up both accounts.  Lu-ck-ily, that worked.  I did try manual payments with the registered credit card, but no go.  I'm now waiting to see if this will be resolved, or if I have to continue topping with vouchers.  I am thinking of paying manually the day before renewal, but am concerned that I won't continue to get AutoPay rewards, since it is not automatically paying.  Whadja think?

@Scafffy wrote:

Thanks for the advice guys.

To be honest I've had enough trouble with outages/dropped calls/sms not coming through (only iMessage works), etc. that this is the last straw for me with PM.

The savings just aren't worth an unreliable service.

Too bad because at $40 for 5gb 3g if it was stable and autpay just worked like it should I'd stick around.

Don't disagree with you.

One trick that seems to stablize renewal is to manually pre-pay your Available Funds a few days before renewal date. For some reason, that makes the process happy.

Good luck wherever you go.

@Scafffy, people get dates wrong around here all the time.  What is your payment date (on the overview tab), and what date is listed as your renewal (on the rewards tab)?

If yesterday was your payment date, today would be your renewal.  If nothing was taken overnight, you're definitely set for a manual payment to be made.  Payment *normally* happens at 2 am ET on renewal date.

Scafffy

Thanks for the advice guys.

To be honest I've had enough trouble with outages/dropped calls/sms not coming through (only iMessage works), etc. that this is the last straw for me with PM.

The savings just aren't worth an unreliable service.

Too bad because at $40 for 5gb 3g if it was stable and autpay just worked like it should I'd stick around.

Scafffy

No - I checked my payment history and nothing went through - I was still unsure if it'll take more time to show up there.

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Occassionally autopay messes up, its a known issue that hopefully PM will have fixed in the future.

I would go ahead with the payment so you can resume service. If it charges you twice then you can bring that up with a Moderator and they will resolve things for you.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Scafffy, did a payment get registered last night.  You should be able to see that in the payment history.  If payment was not taken, you could try a manual payment.  If you are uncomfortable with doing that, you could contact the moderator team and they could look into why auto pay failed.   The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Please include a detailed description of the issue and the required resolution. This will speed up problem resolution significantly. Refer to the following knowledge base link for additional information on contacting the moderator team.

Need Help? Let's chat.