cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account payments and suspension and more help plz

Rebeccadelilah
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I am new customer and I am in BC with BC number. Yet region was set at Ontario so time difference my account was suspended due to my money was added in time I am guessing. So any way I paid my 50 voucher and tried to reactivate my account 5 times saying over and over my account didn't have enough money yet it so did balance showed 50. Then I tried changing plan to 45 see if it would work it did. I then tried to change back to 50 and now has said I'm suspended for no payment and I have no phone service now why is this going on and how to fix I need phone for work plz plz help 

9 REPLIES 9

I think the OP got impatient and tried to force the renewal and autopay wasn't allowing her too. she should of just waited and if she lost service on her device, then she should of tried reactivating

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rebeccadelilah 

If you had $50 displaying in available funds, it's unclear why you could not activate a $50 plan.

It is good that you were able to activate a $45 plan.  Did you do that very recently (within the past 30 days)  if so, you should have active service with $5 remaining in Available Funds. 

Please let us know WHEN you activated the $45 plan and what your AVAILABLE BALANCE is now displaying on self-serve.

@LovesToPM 

Plan renewals do not occur immediately at midnight. I am in the Eastern time zone and lately, plans do not renew until about 6am. This used to happen around 2am, but unknown reasons, this is no longer the case.  The renewals also do not take place at the exact same time for each renewal.  I know this because you can see any autopay top up and rewards sitting in your account balance and if you look into your account at the right time, you can estimate a time that the renewal was processed. Only after the payment system tries to remove the funds will the service be cut off if there isn't enough there.

@mm80 wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

I think OP is saying that he tried to pay at midnight BC time, but his service was already cut.

As far as I know, payments are due at midnight Eastern time for all customers. Otherwise the service gets suspended.

Service doesn't get cut at midnight Eastern time. It says suspended in account but service cut doesn't happen until a few hours later, sometimes much later after members wake up in the morning if not paid.

Are you 100% sure about the cutoff time?

In any case, customers may notice their account is suspended or expired and automatically believe their service is cut.
They have to realize that these account status updates during renewal night are just temporary (and are part of the renewal process).

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@LovesToPM wrote:

I think OP is saying that he tried to pay at midnight BC time, but his service was already cut.

As far as I know, payments are due at midnight Eastern time for all customers. Otherwise the service gets suspended.

Service doesn't get cut at midnight Eastern time. It says suspended in account but service cut doesn't happen until a few hours later, sometimes much later after members wake up in the morning if not paid.

@esjliv wrote:

Hello @Rebeccadelilah ,

Did you just activated an account/phone number from another province in error?

If this is what happened maybe check with the PM Moderator to see if they can change your number to your province you wish to change it to.

FYI-

• "With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/recharge-express%E2%80%93acheter-des-options-par...

FYI - If you try to change your plan now, you will lose out on the funds you already paid for the 30-day cycle you already paid.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Rebeccadelilah ,

Did you just activated an account/phone number from another province in error?

If this is what happened maybe check with the PM Moderator to see if they can change your number to your province you wish to change it to.

FYI-

• "With a new phone number, you’ll have to choose your city and province to get an area code. You can also select the option to customize the last 4 digits of your number. Note that you can change your phone number once every 30 days after you’ve activated."

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/recharge-express%E2%80%93acheter-des-options-par...

FYI - If you try to change your plan now, you will lose out on the funds you already paid for the 30-day cycle you already paid.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen to talk to SIMon the chat bot or link:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

OR

2 - Contact the Public Mobile  Moderator_Team via private message using this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Rebeccadelilah 

What's the current balance in your available funds?

If it's $5, then you have successfully reactivated with the $45 plan.
Try restarting your phone. Is the service working?

If not, you should contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

Since you already paid for it, please continue to use the $45 plan for now.
Once you run out of data, at that time, you can do an immediate plan change back to the $50 plan.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rebeccadelilah wrote:

So I am new customer and I am in BC with BC number. Yet region was set at Ontario so time difference my account was suspended due to my money was added in time I am guessing. So any way I paid my 50 voucher and tried to reactivate my account 5 times saying over and over my account didn't have enough money yet it so did balance showed 50. Then I tried changing plan to 45 see if it would work it did. I then tried to change back to 50 and now has said I'm suspended for no payment and I have no phone service now why is this going on and how to fix I need phone for work plz plz help 

A $50 voucher can pay for a $50 plan,  It doesn't matter where you bought it and it doesn't matter the province of your phone number or your account address. All vouchers are good for Public Mobile members anywhere.

Your $45 plan should work now and you should have $5 leftover in your account balance. The reason you can't switch back to the $50 plan is because you would need to pay $50 again to swtich back immediately. As your plan isn't working, open a ticket with moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat.

Need Help? Let's chat.