cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account hold while I am away

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I will be away for the next 2 months and want to put my account in hold.

I am unable to do it in self serve, can it be requested ?

13 REPLIES 13

@alexpete Don't wait 89 days. What if you have trouble paying or forget?  Nobody is going to test if it is 90 days of suspension is allowed or if account closes as soon as 89 days finishes.  If account is open, you can keep the same plan.

alexpete
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If we hold it for 89 days, the plan and or offeres still available?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Klane wrote:

I have an account ballance so my plan will auto renew unless it put on hold.
@Nasif619 wrote:

Public mobile offers prepaid plans and they wouldn't suspend your account temporarily. So what you can do instead is you can remove autopay and hold onto that account for up to 89 days max. On the 90th day, PM deactivates your account which would result in the loss of your phone number.

Since you are going to be away for 60 days (2 months), you are going to be fine as long you are going to be under the 90-day mark (3 months)

You could just sign up for the cheapest plan available ($10) for the 2 months.

Yes, someone could do that to hold onto an account and phone number.  Anyone doing that should take note that when it comes times to changing plans again, only plans that are offered at that time can be chosen from.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Klane wrote:

You can force your own "hold" by using the lost/stolen feature. That suspends your service for 90 days. Your current term will run out in the background though.

When you return, "find" the phone and it should renew from your Available Funds. Or click Reactivate.

@Klane wrote:

@Nasif619 wrote:

Public mobile offers prepaid plans and they wouldn't suspend your account temporarily. So what you can do instead is you can remove autopay and hold onto that account for up to 89 days max. On the 90th day, PM deactivates your account which would result in the loss of your phone number.

Since you are going to be away for 60 days (2 months), you are going to be fine as long you are going to be under the 90-day mark (3 months)

You could just sign up for the cheapest plan available ($10) for the 2 months.

Klane

@Nasif619 wrote:

@Klane wrote:

Really ? It was never a problem to put my account on hold with my other prepaid services(freedom& Chatr)

As suggested by @Nasif619 , disable autopay until you return. Long as you're back in 89 days or less, your account will still be good.

After 90 days you have to get a new sim and start a new account.

Nasif619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Klane wrote:

Really ? It was never a problem to put my account on hold with my other prepaid services(freedom& Chatr)

I guess putting your account on 'hold' with PM is easy as not paying for the service altogether. But I am not too sure how long you are allowed to hold your account with those service providers. I remember with Rogers they would hold your account for a fee every month. Different carriers, different rules I guess.

Klane

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Klane wrote:

I will be away for the next 2 months and want to put my account in hold.

I am unable to do it in self serve, can it be requested ?

Your prepaid PM plan can't be "put on hold". Sorry.

Nasif619
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.