cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account deactivation extension?

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hello.

My account will be permanently deactivated in December 29, 2020.

Is it possible to receive an extension on this?

I haven't been able to afford to put a single dollar into the account due to financial circumstances. However i think i will be able to have enough funds to do so very early January.

I'm not asking to have phone service, just a chance to not lose my number. 

I've had this number for 8 years. i just don't want to lose it, please.

Please is this possible?

10 REPLIES 10

@MarieRamsey 

Yes for certain, kudos to @kb_mv 

Now that you will be reactivating your phone at least for 30 days....

Log in to your self serve account and claim the two free Christmas Gift add-ons. Lots of info here in the community telling you how to do that.

Ensure that you are making the most of your cash while it is hard to come by. Most likely you are on the $15 plan which arguably gives the biggest bang for the buck keeping your number in service , giving you unlimited incoming calls along with 100 outgoing minutes to be used sparingly and you will have unlimited texting in and out.

I hope things improve for you soon...

AE_Collector

MarieRamsey

Hi everyone.

I got the funds i was expecting early, today in fact. so i have enough to keep my phone number.

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the replies, but especially to this person who was willing to help me. It meant the world to me that someone was willing to do so.

Thanks everyone and happy new year!

@MarieRamsey Send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you an e-transfer for a months service.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Hey.

So they basically told me a flat out no.

I can't afford the cheapest plan either.

Looks like i'm going to lose the number i've had for almost 10 years. 

Unbelievable. All i asked was for the suspension to be extended. 

1.  Moderator may not have the power to approve the extension. 

2.  Cancellation 90 days after suspension may be hard coded on the PM server.  It cannot be changed without IT department working on it. 

@MarieRamsey 

From your earlier post, you will have fund in early January 2021.  Send a private message to @Catherine_T to explain your situation.  But She may not be working during boxing week.

You don't have much time before your account will be canceled on Dec 29th.  Reply to your support ticket to request moderator to ask someone who can authorize the renewal of your plan and pay PM back within 4 weeks.

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@MarieRamsey wrote:

Hey.

Number Barn will let you port to them for $5 fee. $2/month to keep a number there. It's not free but it's cheaper. 

MarieRamsey

Hey.

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarieRamsey Please update us with moderators' response. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@MarieRamsey Contact the moderator team as soon as possible. They might still be helping some financially based on circumstances. They might be able to get your account renewed on the cheapest $15 plan just so it stays active and extends for another 90 days. 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@MarieRamsey As indicated by @Triguy , contact a moderator. They have, I believe, helped out some people this year. Can't hurt to contact them and explain.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Sorry to hear about your circumstances.  Usually if there is no payment after 90 days your account would be deactivated.  You could try contacting a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.
Need Help? Let's chat.