cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account charged, phone not reactivated

Tobimalik
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to reactivate my account. My account was charged for the amount due even though my payment was declined and phone was not reactivated.

23 REPLIES 23

Helyta

Thank you 🙏 ! First tips worked! 🙂 

Helyta

Thank you so much! 🙏I was not even realising that I was having all the information showing. 

@Helyta 

I have deleted your screenshot from your message because it contains much too much infomration about yourself. Please do not post images containing information such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, account number, etc.

You will still need to remove the image yourself from your Community account profile.  Please open up your Community avatar and go to the My Profile section, and then My Photos. Choose the option that says All Images and then put a checkmark in the box next to the picture.  Click on Image Options and tell the website to Delete All Selected Images.

@Helyta 

1. Put your phone in airplane mode wait for 5 minutes and try again.

2. Add $1 in your account

3.Try the lost/stolen phone trick:

Warning: By perforning the following procedure there is a strong chance that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

Have you tried shutting your phone down, waiting a minute or so and then starting your phone again?

Helyta

My plan expired but the same day after 12PM I added enogh founds to activate my plan again.  The next day the founds where showing $ 0 and account was active again, but it's not. If I try to call it says it is not active. What could be the problem here? 

edited by computergeek541: image removed from message because it contains personally identifiable information

annahuang1982

I have the same problem before, I was trying to change the different credit card for my payment, but it was kept reject me.   So I thought it may the security problem, then I used the IE to sign in again, and it works for me.   

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darianbennett04 wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem..not impressed considering I've only been with them a month..funds came out of my account but still saying I owe $40..and I'm set up for auto pay..I called store in which I set up my account with and they also having problems charging accounts, hope this is situated soon

It seems yet another system problem might have been sprung today. Wait it out (if your services are working) and contact the @Moderator_Team < Click this.

@MFBODD wrote:

Screenshot_20190720-114914_Chrome.jpg

The amount for payment is now gone from my account and the $2 I just put in is still sitting there. Reactivating button is still linking to this payment screen. You'll see the Aug 19, 2019 suspension date. Good times!

@MFBODD Yup!! By making the extra $2 payment during activation you messed it up. Like I said during plan renewal stay away!! Notify the mods to fix.

Good luck!

darianbennett04

I'm having the exact same problem..not impressed considering I've only been with them a month..funds came out of my account but still saying I owe $40..and I'm set up for auto pay..I called store in which I set up my account with and they also having problems charging accounts, hope this is situated soon

@MFBODD wrote:

The amount for payment is now gone from my account and the $2 I just put in is still sitting there. Reactivating button is still linking to this payment screen. You'll see the Aug 19, 2019 suspension date. Good times!

@MFBODD  Did you try making a payment while this the renewal was happening?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFBODD wrote:

Past tense on a future date! Good times indeed. I think all you can do is wait for the moderators to fix that. That's some messed up.

For laughs you could try the lost/stolen procedure
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Edit: @geopublic: I think that date should only have been today to eventually catch up to setting it to the new date. I've never seen (or read) a future dated expired.

@MFBODD wrote:

I'm having the same issue and my phone has been deactive for days. The account was topped up. I've tried the reactivating button,  but that links to make a payment, which shows ample funds. I deposited another $2 and now it's saying my account was suspended Aug 19, 2019! 

@MFBODD  It appears that the PM system is very slow at changing the status back to active after a plan renewal. This has happened a couple of times in the past. If your phone is working then best to leave it alone and it will go back to normal within the next day or so.

Edit: The more you tinker with it the greater the chance that you are going to mess it up.

MFBODD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFBODD wrote:

I'm having the same issue and my phone has been deactive for days. The account was topped up. I've tried the reactivating button,  but that links to make a payment, which shows ample funds. I deposited another $2 and now it's saying my account was suspended Aug 19, 2019! 

I'm not liking the sounds of a possible trend.

Please post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

MFBODD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Tobimalik wrote:

Ok thanks, my phone does work

@Tobimalik  Everything will back to normal by the end of the day. 🙂

Tobimalik

Ok thanks, my phone does work

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Tobimalik wrote:

I tried to reactivate my account. My account was charged for the amount due even though my payment was declined and phone was not reactivated.

@Tobimalik Sounds like your plan is going through the renewal phase. If your phone works ignore the temporary suspension message. The status will go back to active once the process is competed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tobimalik wrote:

My account balance is $0. I was trying to add funds when it declined multiple times but charged my bank account

Maybe post a screen snip of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

If you're really adventurous then your recent payment history too. This payment history...not the payment method.

Tobimalik

My account balance is $0. I was trying to add funds when it declined multiple times but charged my bank account

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Tobimalik 

What is your account balance?

How did you attempt to fund your account voucher or credit card, over the phone or using online stood serve?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tobimalik wrote:

How can an "account" be charged but payment gets declined?

Did your payment method get charged?

Do you have a balance in your Available Funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.