cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account charged for renewal, status active, but can't make calls out

NotSammie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

My renewal date is today and my credit card was just charged 118.65 for the three months renewal.

My data appears to be working, however I can't make calls out. I get a recording about long distance addon for local calls. I've tried multiple local numbers. I've also rebooted my phone. It looks like my plan didn't renew. Can someone please look into this? Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10

@NotSammie wrote:

So I think I opened a ticket but didn't get a confirmation email.. How does this work? Will someone call me? or is it all through email/private message?

Your should see a private message in the sent folder with a ticket number in the title.

@NotSammie wrote:

Got a generic error "Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic." when trying to refil $1.00... It looks like it went through though. But it didn't work. 

You have done everything you can on your own.  You should contact the moderator team and have your account reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

NotSammie

So I think I opened a ticket but didn't get a confirmation email.. How does this work? Will someone call me? or is it all through email/private message?

@Anonymous wrote:

@krazykiwi wrote:

EDIT: The Lost/stolen trick as @Triguy mentioned will not remove any rewards or cause anything else to go wrong. It simply resets your account.

Welcome back krazykiwi. A somewhat recent development is that rewards get gortched with that feature. geopublic reports first hand experience with it happening. Like further to the next renewal. It likely still does what we like it to do but it seems there's a side effect. And so people should be warned.

Thanks for the update. I had that happen last year, just contacted the MODs and they put them back for me. Good to be warned though.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazykiwi wrote:

EDIT: The Lost/stolen trick as @Triguy mentioned will not remove any rewards or cause anything else to go wrong. It simply resets your account.

Welcome back krazykiwi. A somewhat recent development is that rewards get gortched with that feature. geopublic reports first hand experience with it happening. Like further to the next renewal. It likely still does what we like it to do but it seems there's a side effect. And so people should be warned.

@NotSammie wrote:

It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic." when trying to refil $1.00... It looks like it went through though. But it didn't work. 

I would not worry about losing your rewards. 

When you log into self serve does it show your account as "active"? In payment history does it show that your account PM account was debited for plan renewal?

Try the lost/stolen feature.  Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time.  If that doesn't work then submit a ticket by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

NotSammie

NotSammie

Weird, when I go to plan details I get a generic error "Oh no!
It looks like something went wrong, but don’t panic.".

I don't want to lose out on rewards but I'll give that $1 thing a try. Thanks!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your account - what is the status ?

You could try the following but there is the potential to lose any rewards.  Try the lost/stolen feature. You could potentially lose any rewards. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.  Also try adding a $1 payment. if you still have problems then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

Need Help? Let's chat.