cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended

villy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a question regarding my account.

My last payment was May 25. After that I did not pay because I am travelling during the summer. 

I received a survey from Public Mobile writing: "Your feedback is important to us so we can understand why you left Public Mobile." 

I logged in to check my account and I am getting the following message: "Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.

Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service."

Also in the overview I see the following: 
  • Plan Expiry Date: Jun 23, 2016
  • Account Deactivation Date: Jul 24, 2016

I intend to use my phone once I am back and all this is confusing. I do not want to lose my phone number and service permanently. 

Since 90 days have not gone by from my last payment (May 25), why is there an indication that the account has been deactivated

The 90 days count from which date? The plan expiry date June 23, 2016 OR my last payment May 25?

Thank you for your assistance. 

12 REPLIES 12

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SOSagain

Hi...first things first, you shoul edit out the two phone numbers from your post..hit the 3 dots in the right corner of your post hit edit..them remove them...asfor your friends account issue i think the easiest fix for now would be to buy andadd a payment voucher then add funds that way either online or using 611...without more details thiswould be the easiest way

SOSagain

I am trying to help my friend Norma. She is well into her 80s. She got a message from PM yesterday that read "insuffient funds". I understand that this was her first payment since joining PM. She did modify her plan from 40$ to 50$ through a Walmart agent previous to getting this message. I also understand that her auto pay program is set up through her Canadian Tire credit card. I live 2 hours away from Norma. Her son lives with her and can be reached at number ###. Norma's number is/was ###. After reading PM community I understand that she has 90 days to make payment before loosing her number. Could someone from PM contact these folks with instructions to correct this problem? Thank you.

Thank you ?? for the advice...

Pottertons
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, first time poster here.

After searching through the community to no avail (although there probably is, I just can't seem to find it) I have a question. 

I signed up with PM for the purpose of getting the 90-day/120gb plan. I first purchased a 10 day plan which would switch to the aforementioned promo tomorrow. However, due to last minute circumstances, I may not have the funds to cover the cost of the 90 plan right away. I'm also aware of the 90-day account suspension and would like to know if the suspension would be on the 10-day plan or the 90-day/120g plan? 

In other words, do I lose the 90-day/120g promo plan if I don't pay right on the first renewal date? 

Thank You. 

villy
Thank you all for your help.
My issue is resolved. It seems that it is indeed a glitch and my account is suspended and not deactivated.

manelgm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have potentially good news @villy!

I found this thread: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Account-Suspension-Deactivation-Confusin... where someone seems to have had the same problem you are having, and the answer is that your account should in fact only be deactivated after 90 days, the date (july 24th) you are seeing is actually a glitch.

Hope everything works out for you!

villy

I prefer to keep my number so I hope that my account was not deactivated permanently, but rather suspended for the 90 day period. Thank you all for your responses. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @villy

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear that you came across some confusion; allow me to clarify.

If you made a payment, your account becomes inactive after 90 days of non payment as of May 25th. 

Since you received this notification, kindly provide me with your Public Mobile phone number by private message and I'll look into it for you.

Thank you,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Hi. what I stated was not a grace period. Anyways, After reading @villy's post again, if I read it right, sounds like @villy's account was deleted permanently. Only a PM Rep can confirm that, but if accurate, @villy then has to order a new Tri-Sim and activate a new account

manelgm

@makkahn28 if you reread the original post, you will notice that @villy does not seem to have been given the 90 day grace period for deactivation.

Maybe a mod can help here @Shazia_K @Mary_M

Also, when account is in Suspension your account is still there, just service won't be active until you pay to restore service.

Now, If you fail to pay within 90 days from time account went into suspension, then on 91st day your account is PERMANENTLY deleted, and all $$$, Add-Ons, Cell # are forfeited and you will then have to order a new Tri-Sim and begin again as a new PM Client

Hi. The way PM works is based on Prepaid model, on 30 or 90 Day, lets say 30 day, when your plan is approaching the last leg of its cycle, If you have a CC registered and Auto-Pay enabled, Plan will renew itself automatically so that you don't have to worry about it unless your CC's expired or lack of $$$

Or if you have no CC registered then you MUST purchase a Voucher to replenish your wallet to continue service

manelgm

I am unaware of rules regarding suspending an account and such, but I don't see why your account would be deactivate on July 24th if you made a payment ON May 25th.  That is 60 days and not 90.

Need Help? Let's chat.