cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended even though I have money in my account and Autopay Turned on

spamhinting
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, there's enough in my account to pay for my plan but my service is suspended. I've tried restarting the phone, and calling *611 (it says my account balance is $0 when I try to pay, so I can't pay anything.

72 REPLIES 72

kathybarnes

as above I was on auto-pay and I changed my credit card meantime it seems I am locked out

I would like to restart the service

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would have to agree with you @Gozer8080 . I don't think anyone switches to PM because of the excellent, or event adequate, customer support.

Gozer8080
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PM is a joke for support.

I'm on autopay but they didn't charge my card in time...eventually it kicked in.

PM needs chat and phone support like Lucky!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnnyboy1966 : But are any of the features working? Calls in/out? Texts in/out? Browsing on cell data (not wifi)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Johnnyboy1966 wrote:

Still suspended 

@Johnnyboy1966 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$$

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount:$$ + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left, and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  5. Then, Select Resume/Reactivate Service
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

@Johnnyboy1966 wrote:

Still suspended 

@Johnnyboy1966   Try topping up your account with $1 and log out and reboot the phone.

Johnnyboy1966

Still suspended 

Johnnyboy1966

2 days

@Johnnyboy1966....how long has your account been suspended ? If longer than 90 days, you need a new sim and start a new account.

If under, then log in to your account to see if your plan is Active or still Suspended.

@Johnnyboy1966    Use the 3 dots top right of your post and immediately delete your account/tel. numbers as you're on a public forum.

If you see the Reactivate button in your self serve account try clicking that a few times to push your payment through.  Also reboot the phone afterwards.

Hopefully @Luddite or @computergeek541 are around to edit your post.

Johnnyboy1966

I top up my account and reactivate my number xxxxxxxx or acct#xxxxxxxxx

@Robbiekeen   actually, you can put the tax aside.. PM will take care of it and will add it on top.

For example, if you need $15 to cover your add-on , just enter $15  as the amount you want and PM will add tax on top, ie, our credit card will be charged $15+tax, and you will see $15 as Available Fund and you can then apply the $15 for any $15 add-on

Similarly, if you need $15 and yo need a voucher, go to  the shop , ask them for a voucher and the shop will charge you tax on top.  Then when you put your voucher in your account, it will show up as $15.  All price show on PM are pre-tax.. we don't have to worry, PM will charge the tax when we complete the transaction.

Robbiekeen

Sometimes ive seen ppl have the plan amt on the acct but forget to factor in taxes. I always make sure plan+taxes are available . Just a thought?? 

@Gozer8080 wrote:

I’m on my way to the USA! Now! 1hr from the USA boarder.

I need the $20 roaming. I topped up my account with another $25.

I need the roaming now activated!

It wouldn’t add it when I tried l.  Please help.

yes I have service.

@Gozer8080 

Can you call 611 on your phone?

You can buy the add on ON PHONE if you know your 4-digit PIN .

If you have absolutely no service but have access to wifi, download Textnow (if you don't have it already) to use for free calls and texts while you sort out the add-ons issues with CS.

@Gozer8080 

Hopefully, you can get this added to your account on your end.

If still issues ask CSA for help, but you will need to submit an online ticket to do so.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@Gozer8080   if you have service (you can dial out and receive incoming calls), then just logon to My Account and load fund and buy the add-on.  In fact, it is good time to add US Roaming addon now and not earlier, as the 10 days /240 hours will start counting from the moment the purchase made successfully.

Just a reminder, when you are in US, try to connect to  AT&T and T-mobile.  One could be better than the other, so, if one doesn't work well, try the other one.

@Gozer8080 wrote:

yes I have service.

@Gozer8080  - okay good you have service! 🙂

Note that purchasing an add-on is a two step process.

You should be able to use it instantly.

1-First you need to add the $ to your account and

2-then add the add-on to your account. (this step is sometimes missed...go back and add the roaming addon to your account)

Don't forget to restart your phone.

*You can make the purchase via self serve account or by calling 611 on your phone.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Roaming addon will only work while you are in the USA.

But it should show under your Overview area, if you added it successfully.

Good luck, safe travels!

Gozer8080

yes I have service.

@Gozer8080 wrote:

On AutoPay!!!  My account says it’s expired!!!

I need to add $20 US Roaming but it won’t add!  Because my account is expire!

this service is a joke!

I can’t even call anyone!

Please Fix ASAP!  

I even added more money!

@Gozer8080 

Do you still have services? If yes, this could be your account going through the normal renewal process. The SELF SERVE account can say "expired" or "suspended" on the day of or before your plan is due to renew.

So, if this is the case, ignore these messages on your SELF SERVE account.

EDIT - you said you cannot call anyone...so can you choose to RESUME or REACTIVATE your account on your Self Serve account.

IF not, and the Available Funds to renew your account is showing, trying topping up your account by $1 manually. Then RESUME.

If you have no services, and it is past your renewal, maybe your autopay failed?

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through SELF SERVE (or by calling 611 if you have a card registered)
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  6. Reboot your phone.

If this was an Autopay failure, I would let the Customer Support Agents (CSA) know.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Gozer8080

On AutoPay!!!  My account says it’s expired!!!

I need to add $20 US Roaming but it won’t add!  Because my account is expire!

this service is a joke!

I can’t even call anyone!

Please Fix ASAP!  

I even added more money!

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Roycew wrote:

i just gots new phone that will accept my sim card i have been without a phone since september 19 and don’t have money till tuesdattt any way you can help till then 

Sorry, PM phone plans are prepaid, so you have to pay up front before you can use your phone. In the meantime, check the phone compatibility as suggested in the above post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roycew : If you have access to wifi then you can use a voip app to tie you over until you're flush.

PM is prepaid.  I'm not sure if PM can do anything for you but you could try submit ting a ticket to a CSA 

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@Roycew wrote:

i just gots new phone that will accept my sim card i have been without a phone since september 19 and don’t have money till tuesdattt any way you can help till then 

No payment options here other than pay the full amount up front. Get a cheap sim from Canadian Cell Supplies, then activate a cheap PM plan ...cheapest is $15 / 30 day plan.

https://canadiancellsupplies.com/collections/latest-products/products/public-sim-card

edit...make sure your new phone is unlocked and not blacklisted / reported stolen.

Roycew

@chadnoddin 

Clear your browser cache/cookies and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. Chrome works well. Choose the Payment tab and make a manual payment. Choose other in the drop down menu and put the amount of your plan in.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chadnoddin 

just to you know all member here are the a customer like me and you, we try to help other customer for what we know but you have to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

you can try it for a different Browser and incognito mode,

close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser, 

how to clear cache and cookies in microsoft edge browser visit Here link

or you can try it for a different Browser

and use a Browser from your computer, is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

for microsoft edge how to update your browser visit Here link 

and do Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment Card

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details,

1. sign in to  Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and if still not fix it please you Have To Submit a Ticket To Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Service by CS_Agent. Click Here link to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Service by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck

chadnoddin

Thank you.  I'm thinking at this point the quickest way for me to fix the issue is switch to a different service provider.  lol  thanks for the replies

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chadnoddin : The quicker way to get going again would be to buy a voucher online and use the 611 to redeem it. Or buy a voucher in many stores. Or do the Instant Top-up in a few stores. Then figure out what's going on with your payment card after your services are going again.

You can also redeem vouchers in the self-serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@chadnoddin 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

1. Click on Payment

2. Make a Payment

3. one Time Payment 

4. you will see your Amount Due:$ !

5. Payment Type: selected other ( Enter the desired payment amount )

6. how much you see at Amount Due:$ ! you will do manually enter Amount: $ ! + $1 extra

7. Tax: will collect automatically,
8. Click ‘Submit’,
9. after payment gone through, you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

10. and how much you pay the extra is will going to your account Available funds:$ ! has the amount left,
and for next bill cycle the will take it from there automatically,

and if still not fix it follow this,

1. Add Funds to your Plan Amount through Self Serve  
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-Ons” TAB
  3. Select "Lost/Stolen Phone" TAB
  4. Select "Suspend Service" BUTTON
  6. Reboot your phone.
  7. what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone about 2 minutes and turn it back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.