cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended While On Auto-pay

Fayesutton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My phone got suspended this morning even though my payment was processed on March 20. I noticed that other people were experiencing the same issue. When I finally got everything resolved about 6 hours later I they would offer some ki d of credit as this was due to their error. Instead, they asked me to fill out a survey about my interaction with them. When I asked about a credit I was offered $3. When I told them that offer was insulting, they offered another $5 and said that was all they could do. I've been a loyal customer to Public Mobile for years and due to a system error, my phone was suspended. What type of apology is $8? And no explanation as to why my phone was suspended after they received payment. I'm disappointed with Public Mobile especially since they've closed their call center and I have to wait for a reply and resolution to an issue that should have taken maybe 5 minutes to address over the phone. This is not what I consider service. I think they just lost me as a customer. Has anyone been offered any type of explanation for the error or any compensation at all?

11 REPLIES 11

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could make a manual payment or purchase a voucher and call 611 to make a payment.  Also you can use recharge.com or ding.com but there is a service charge.  Sometimes autopay fails and it is a good idea to keep a balance in your account as a backup.

gandhoksimran

Where did you called today same issue with me.

NerinaBuffon

Same thing happening to me.Five days my phone hasn't been working.

@Abmat22 wrote:

same thing is happening to me,took the payment on Apr.12 and service is still suspended,tried adding 1$ to the payment and also the lost and found trick ,but nothing worked,their service is awfull

@Abmat22Are you saying that your phone hasn't worked since April 12? If yes, did you contact the Public Mobile Team? I know there was a system glitch for some of the customers but my understanding is that all of those cases have been resolved. If your service is still suspended please let us know.

@Abmat22 

Hopefully, you have already tried to contact moderator.  Moderators are employees who can directly fix account issues.  

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Expect up to 1-2 day wait for moderator response.

Abmat22

same thing is happening to me,took the payment on Apr.12 and service is still suspended,tried adding 1$ to the payment and also the lost and found trick ,but nothing worked,their service is awfull

upthestump

had the same thing to me and major cluster****since and still on going been with them for about 8 months all good untill a moth ago perfectly good debit card long way from expiry and get notified card expired?? the rest of this mess is still ongoing.....i think i will be moving elsewhere very soon.... 

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stevesubject 

I guess it depends who's working at those kiosks, as far as helpfullness. That's good to hear they helped you 🙂

Stevesubject
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m not sure if your location but when we had initial issues with our account we went to the place we activated at and the salesperson had seen the same issue before and helped up get up and running and only took 20 minutes. They see this sort of thing often and know who and how to contact. Even though the vast majority of help is found through the community there are still people behind the scenes to address issues that can’t be navigated and solved in the self help section. 

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stevesubject 

The PM kiosks are just for the initial activations (porting to PM). Any problems after that, is via this forum.

Stevesubject
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The entire point of self serve and online help is to keep costs down and pass along to its members. 

The big 3 keep their call centres and the prices are more than double for a lesser service. 

Take your phone to the to the point of activation or to a store that activates Public Mobile and they will be able to help a lot quicker. 

Need Help? Let's chat.