cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended - On auto pay but can't validate cc

kab
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My account has been suspended due to insufficient funds, but I'm on auto pay and the card is definitely valid. When I try to reactivate, it says that the card info cannot be verified. How should I proceed?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kab wrote:

In case anyone is interested, here's what I tried and here's what worked:

A user mentioned trying the trick where you declare your phone lost, suspend service then re-claim it and re-enable services. That was an intersting idea, but did not work for me. Hopefully it works for others.

I had to reach out to the moderator to get this resolves. It took roughly 48 hours from contact to resolution and it ended up being an issue on Public Mobile's end. Still not exactly sure what triggered it, but it seems to be resolved.

Happy to hear your issue is resolved and your service is back. 

BTW I believe @geopublic  did give you the suggestion and link to contact the moderators.

kab

In case anyone is interested, here's what I tried and here's what worked:

A user mentioned trying the trick where you declare your phone lost, suspend service then re-claim it and re-enable services. That was an intersting idea, but did not work for me. Hopefully it works for others.

I had to reach out to the moderator to get this resolved. It took roughly 48 hours from contact to resolution and it ended up being an issue on Public Mobile's end. Still not exactly sure what triggered it, but it seems to be resolved.

Edit: Just wanted to clarify that contacting the moderators was initially suggested by @geopublic!

@lisacarrGet a voucher (of your full plan amount so if you are on a $50 plan, get $50, not less with rewards etc) from a store or recharge.com and get your phone working first. Then message the moderators as it will take them a few days to get back to you and see what happened to your card.

lisacarr

Mine has done the same thing. Confirmed with cc company that card is good and address is correct.  Still haven’t heard back from moderators.  And cell isn’t working:(

@kab 

Moderators are taking 1-2 days to respond, so if you need service right away, you could pay via vouchers.  You can buy vouchers in store or online (via recharge,com - service fee applies).  

If you have another credit card, you could try to remove the old one and replace with new card to see whether that works.  

If you try again, make sure address exactly matches your credit card billing address. If apartment number, leave that section blank. Try the postal code with a space between the first three digit and last three digts, or try without space.  Chrome incognito mode seems to work with this site

kab

Thanks for the suggestions, but unfortunately they didn't work for me. I've put in a request to the moderators.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kab wrote:

Hi,

My account has been suspended due to insufficient funds, but I'm on auto pay and the card is definitely valid. When I try to reactivate, it says that the card info cannot be verified. How should I proceed?

Thanks

@kab Unfortunately AutoPay does not always work as it should. Most problems with AP in most cases have nothing to do with the customers credit card. If your account is suspended and your phone is not working then best to get vouchers to get your account up and running.

Also message the moderators to investigate the issue. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kab wrote:

Hi,

Thanks

Is today your renewal day.  Is your phone services working?  If yes then you can ignore the messages you are seeing.  If your phone isn't working try rebooting your phone first.  Otherwise try the lost/stolen trick.  Log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend service, log out and wait several minutes.  Log back in and report phone found and resume service.  Restart your phone.

One other thing to try is to top up your account with one dollar and restart your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.