cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended Notices - WRONG

jdesaumarez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile really needs to get their act together. My account had been set to Autopay with a valid CC since I signed up. I also manually pre-paid the next months service [July 27th>].

Yet this morning  I still see - in bright orange - that my service has been suspended, my data is "on hold" etc. Of course, I had also pre-payed next month and the phone works

PM's approach is really ludicrous. It basically assumes the customer is guilty of not paying until proven otherwise. And we are expected to go through this every month?

When you most need your phone, how can anyone be sure PM hasn't screwed up and really cancelled? I am sure they won't need a programmer with a Phd to fix the software.

This alone gives me a very good reason top go back to to Koodo

12 REPLIES 12

axyprang

Happened to me too this morning. Was waiting and waiting to receive a text from a co-worker and finally tried calling to find that I had no service. Logged in and it said my account was suspended for lack of funds, yet I'm on autopay, and made a payment online with the same credit card that's on file for autopay. WTF.

911onFire
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Had the same issue. Thought it was my phone. Kept trying to restart it hoping for the best. Waze app didn't work this morning and I thought it was an app or phone issue. But it was a PM issue.. again.

I'm also on autopay but had to manually do a payment via *611 as I didn't see this issue when I was at home on wifi (mainly use WhatsApp or messenger, versus talk or text). I was about to ask someone to tether or wifi hotspot me to figure out the issue or pay online manually .

And the least PM could've done was text me. I had no idea until I tried calling out, and found out I was unjustly suspended . 

Jack_lao

my account was suspended also, I have autopay as well. How I can activate it again with plan I selected? 

Thanks.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am wrote:

... My account renewed successfully last night again.  I was busy sleeping while that was happening.  I could not be bothered with watching all the flashy stuff about account suspensions and what not as long as the renewal works.  As I have never tried to get in the way of the funky renewal process, it has always worked for me.  Just saying it is but a minor concern with this service. . 

Bingo!! When I first joined Public Mobile, I did a lot of research, and by the time my first renewal date rolled around I was aware of this. I had no worries. Everything worked as it should, and I have yet to have an issue with my service. To me, it is just a benign glitch that is absolutely not worth worrying about. It should be something where someone says "Hey, don't worry about it.", so you move along and don't worry about it.

GC

@jdesaumarez wrote:

Guess I shouldn't point out anything that might be of concern to a customer.

I believe the term is "My Bad" correct.

This post is all yours. Exeunt left.

There is a bit of a difference between warning people that strange things happen in the account on renewal night than saying this is easy to fix and should be fixed at the earlierst.  My comment is directed at the latter.  My account renewed successfully last night again.  I was busy sleeping while that was happening.  I could not be bothered with watching all the flashy stuff about account suspensions and what not as long as the renewal works.  As I have never tried to get in the way of the funky renewal process, it has always worked for me.  Just saying it is but a minor concern with this service.  If you want to bring up something like password reset not working still, everybody will be a supporter of that. 

jdesaumarez

Guess I shouldn't point out anything that might be of concern to a customer.

I believe the term is "My Bad" correct.

This post is all yours. Exeunt left.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It has been proven time and time again that the self serve portal is not a poster child for good programming.  The thing is held together with a bit of white glue, tooth picks and scotch tape.  There is no point in lamenting about it as all it will do is create unnecessary angst.  I will say it again, accept this service for what it is, not for what it should be in the ideal.  As for going back to Koodo as a betterment, I don't have enough hours in the day to debate why that is not necessarily a good thing.  I have a stake in both camps and so this statement is without prejudice. 

jdesaumarez

When an account is is CREDIT and the balance is more than  enough to cover the next month, these messages should not even be happening.

When I checked my account this AM the large yellow notice was still there.

My point is this is poor programming which results in an unneccesary irritant to customers.  Its a bit like the boy who cried "wolf, " or the "sky is falling" fable.

If you don't mind the suspended notices, all well and good, but do try not to be snarky.

So why bring it up?  IF you're content to just ignore the messages as most of us do, why complain that that the messages are there in the first place?

AutoPay used to happen around 9:00 pm ET, and the entire process ended around 3:00 am ET.  During this time period, most subscribers wouldn't even be awake to see the notices.  Out of sight, out of mind.

jdesaumarez

The problem is these notices are unnerving for the customer.You can see that from the letters.

Even though you may always be keeping your account in credit, theses notices still pop up every 30 days.

While they seem to be standard operating procedure for PM, the customer never really knows if something has gone wrong that will cause a loss of service.

In any case, no point in holding our collective breath as this problem  dates backs to at least 2016

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jdesaumarez, It's an unfortunate side effect of the system that is in place to handle the plan renewals.  The general advice is not to look at you selfe serve account starting on the night of your renewal, until after non the next day.  Avoid the stress.  If phone is still working, then all is well.  It's not ideal, and as mentioned, probably not that hard to fix.  But, it is what it is.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

The way I see it, it's a series of text files that get generated via various individual processes, and at the completion of each process, a new file is generated to go to the next.

It's not pretty, but generally, it works.  I've worked with systems like this in my real life, and although it's not quick, it is normally faithful, and it's easy to recover if a step goes horribly wrong.

Need Help? Let's chat.