cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended; Autopay payment ignored

Abiola
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have autopay set up. For some reason my rewards were applied after the autopay payment and the payment disappeared from my balance. It shows up in my transaction history as $25 (my total plan charges). Then suddenly it's gone and $8 of rewards are added. My balance should've been $33 at that point and after plan charges, it gone down to $8. Instead, my account gets suspended and I pay the $17 "oweing". Now my balance is $0 when it should be $25 (+tax). I'm annoyed. I was unable to communicate for work for the first half of the day. 

13 REPLIES 13

@Abiola wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@Abiola wrote:

Yes. There was no issue with the autopay on my credit card company's end. The money was taken from my credit card account and my Public Mobile account was suspended despite this until I paid again.

@Abiola  When you say suspended to you mean you phone was not working? During renewal it's normal for you account to show suspended.

Yes. No data, no call, no text. Did not know--first time this has happened to me in all my years with PM. Do you know how to contact a moderator? My money's still missing.

@Abiola Just click on the ? Bottom right of the screen. Enter submit a ticket and they will fix it for you.

Abiola

@geopublic wrote:

@Abiola wrote:

Yes. There was no issue with the autopay on my credit card company's end. The money was taken from my credit card account and my Public Mobile account was suspended despite this until I paid again.

@Abiola  When you say suspended to you mean you phone was not working? During renewal it's normal for you account to show suspended.

Yes. No data, no call, no text. Did not know--first time this has happened to me in all my years with PM. Do you know how to contact a moderator? My money's still missing.

Abiola

@Korth wrote:

Not really that inconvenient if you put enough funds in account to pay for a few months at a time. (Unless you're hurting for cash, and we've all been there at some point. )

It was kinda better back when 90-day Plan duration was an option.  Especially since it usually cost a few buck less than three 30-day durations anyhow.  But "The Future is Friendly", lol. 

It's inconvenient when you have to work and you have no phone service to contact your clients. This has never happened to me before in all the years I've been with PM

My current plan is cheaper than the 90-day for $90 plan I had when I signed up with PM.

Abiola

@will13am wrote:

@Abiola , can you post a snapshot of the payment history with personal information blanked out so community members can help sort out exactly what transpired.  One of my esteemed colleagues here had auto pay errantly disabled in his account which caused renewal to fail.  It might be worthwhile checking whether auto pay is still enabled.

At the time that my account was suspended, I checked this. Autopay was active. See below (screenshot now removed) how my $25 payment is just gone.

@Abiola wrote:

Not really that inconvenient if you put enough funds in account to pay for a few months at a time. (Unless you're hurting for cash, and we've all been there at some point. )

It was kinda better back when 90-day Plan duration was an option.  Especially since it usually cost a few buck less than three 30-day durations anyhow.  But "The Future is Friendly", lol. 

Abiola

3 weeks on the community there is one important lesson I've learned.....manually pay your bill before auto pay kicks in. Also don't look at your account on renewal day. I did out of curiosity as it was my first renewal. It said lots of crazy things at different points...plan expired....account suspended...etc...my phone worked I didn't panic all was good.

@geopublic

Yes and No. 

In theory the Rewards are subtracted from the cost before payment is charged. 

In practice the account balance and/or credit card sometimes gets charged or pre-authorized for the full cost then credited with the Rewards afterwards.  And if there's any kind of snag (bank already closed today, system maintenance schedule, not enough funds available to cover full cost before discounts, etc) then AutoPay is broken and transaction failed and money floating in limbo and account suspended and no phone service. 

It's because PM's accounting is a bolt-on front-end layered on Telus accounting. Designed and implemented by accountants for accountants, all about streamlining and itemizing Telus corporate "how do we track our revenue?" perspective, all bassackwards and counterintuitive (and anti-consumer) from the end-user's "how much is my phone bill?" perspective.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Abiola wrote:

I have autopay set up. For some reason my rewards were applied after the autopay payment and the payment disappeared from my balance. It shows up in my transaction history as $25 (my total plan charges). Then suddenly it's gone and $8 of rewards are added. My balance should've been $33 at that point and after plan charges, it gone down to $8. Instead, my account gets suspended and I pay the $17 "oweing". Now my balance is $0 when it should be $25 (+tax). I'm annoyed. My money's missing and I was unable to communicate for work for the first half of the day. That's a pretty bad IT error.

@Abiola I'm confused. The way Public's renewal system works is that your rewards get applied and processed first. So in your case it would be $8.00 and I'm assuming your plan is $25.00. So Autopay would charge your credit card the remainder $17 plus tax. So it appears that autopay failed and that is why you had to pay the $17.00 to reactivate your account. Is that correct?

Best to ask the moderator team investigate why AutoPay failed or even better setup a reminder to make a manual payment using the CC on file to avoid similar problems in the future.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Abiola , can you post a snapshot of the payment history with personal information blanked out so community members can help sort out exactly what transpired.  One of my esteemed colleagues here had auto pay errantly disabled in his account which caused renewal to fail.  It might be worthwhile checking whether auto pay is still enabled.

DanielleMarie
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Abiola wrote:

I have autopay set up. For some reason my rewards were applied after the autopay payment and the payment disappeared from my balance. It shows up in my transaction history as $25 (my total plan charges). Then suddenly it's gone and $8 of rewards are added. My balance should've been $33 at that point and after plan charges, it gone down to $8. Instead, my account gets suspended and I pay the $17 "oweing". Now my balance is $0 when it should be $25 (+tax). I'm annoyed. My money's missing and I was unable to communicate for work for the first half of the day. That's a pretty bad IT error.

Is everything working now?
It's possible the first charge of $25 didn't go through; are you able to confirm if it's on your credit card?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Have you checked your credit card for the $25 charge being applied to It?

Need Help? Let's chat.