cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Account Suspended? Autopay on, Balance of 120 showing

Hello,

My plan just renewed on Feb 7 and when I log on it says:

Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactivate your current plan.
Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days if payment is not received. You will lose your phone number and service.

The payment went through and I have a balance of $120. I never bought any US roaming but I do have a Long Distance addon.

Will this go away on its own?
Oracle

Re: Account Suspended? Autopay on, Balance of 120 showing

This message and account status is a well-known bug on the self-serve site that appears at each renewal.  If your service is still working at the moment, it is recommended to wait until tomorrow when the payment goes through and the account status resolves itself.  Only if your service actually stops should you contact a moderator.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@SDO8 wrote:

This message and account status is a well-known bug on the self-serve site that appears at each renewal.  If your service is still working at the moment, it is recommended to wait until tomorrow when the payment goes through and the account status resolves itself.  Only if your service actually stops should you contact a moderator.

Hmm, this really should be fixed by now with how common it seems. I haven't hit the three month mark yet, and hope there isn't an issue on mine...

Oracle

The best policy is to avoid looking into the account around renewal time.  This will eliminate the temptation to interfere with the auto pay system, which does work.  I have renewed two accounts so far and results have been perfect as reflected by the lack of service disruption. 

Mayor / Maire

@jpar I can pretty much guarantee you WILL see that message, but do not be alarmed unless your phone stops working--the message is completely normal even though it's very scary.  But the morning, your status will be back to showing "Active" in self-serve.  

@Nebula can you confirm that when you look now, everything is normal again? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Oracle

No renewal glitches for me in over 2 years. I never look at my account except to learn how to make a change.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

To @Luddite's point, technically it's not a glitch or a bug.  The system is actually working exactly as it was designed to work.  It's actually correct that your plan temporarily expired at the end of your 90th day but then at some point during the night the payment is applied and your plan is renewed back to Active.  The "problem" is that PM should not really be showing the actual status during the renewal evening and should be masking this to make it seemless and not worry their customers unnecessarily.  They are well aware of the confusion this causes and I hope will be addressing it.  The good news is that your actual service isn't interrupted during the process, and everything returns to normal by the morning.  So it's not really a glitch, just poor user experience design!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Tags (1)