cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Suspended, Autopay not working, tried manually making a payment

cphillips
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried making a call this morning and got the message that my account was deactivated.

I logged on to find this message: Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

I've been using Autopay since January with no problems, so what gives? I tried removing my credit card and doing a manual payment and it still won't work. The card is not new and doesn't expire for another three years.

29 REPLIES 29

@Elkay it happens... try not to rely on auto-pay. just prepay your plan ahead of time. what I would do is double pay this renewal so I have enough funds for one more cycle ie. $60 for the $30 /2gb plan. then when your plan renews next month and you receive the text, that will be your indication to pay again

Elkay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Having the same problem. Had to do a manual payment last month. Put in new cc. Same thing this month.  I use the same credit card on another line and it's fine

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

JeanetteO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the exact same problem, and I can't even submit a ticket.  When I try, I get a pop up box that says "woops, looks like we're too busy thinking of you"

Has anyone found a fix yet because nothing listed here has worked for me??

@MeganElford  if you need to make the call urgently,  add the TextNow voip app and use it via Wifi to make / receive / send calls and texts in Canada and to the United States for free.  

MeganElford

Same problem, the fixes listed didn't work 🙁

I've submitted a support ticket but it says it may take up to 48 hours?

Yikes, I need to make a call.  Good thing this isn't my business line 😕

@tams47 Is there a reactivate account button? And no, you wouldn't be charged twice. Thanks. If there is, you may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

@tams47 you will still get the rewards even with manually paying. PMs auto pay hasn't been reliable... try making it a practice to manually pay a few days before the renewal date to avoid this issue in the future. you will still get the $2 discount reward

tams47

Mines doing the same thing! And I need it for work! Says to disregard if on autopay (which I am); so if I make a manual payment does it affect my rewards or will they try my card again?

You are welcome @cphillips the suggestion to contact the moderators was @BearFBI  's please use the 3 dots at the top right of your post to change your solution to his answer. I'm glad that we could help you. Stay safe. 

cphillips

20-30 minutes ago? I agree!

cphillips

Thanks for the suggestions, I've been in touch with the moderators.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cphillips wrote:

Thanks, that's helpful. I've been in touch with the moderators and they are working on it. 

When did you submit the ticket? That sounds like a nice fast response.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cphillips wrote:

There is a reactivate button, so I click it every time.

After removing my credit card and trying to add it again, I get this message: Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

@cphillips 

Log out of your account, Clear your history/cache, try incognito mode. Try to use a different card if you have. You can also call  611 from your phone and see if you can make the payment to your account. 

The only other thing I could think of is if you have made too many attempts trying to add your credit card. It puts a block against your credit card for security reasons.

You can create/submit a ticket to get that solved.

To Submit a ticket,

Start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon Click The "?" at the bottom right corner.

This connects to the Autobot SImon.

• Type "Moderator" and follow the prompts.
  • Click on the " Account Specific Question 
  • Afterward click on "No, I want a human
  • You will see a "Submit a ticket Click me!

Type a message describing the problem.

OR  

You can also >>>Click here<<< to connect with SImon and submit a ticket.

cphillips

Thanks, that's helpful. I've been in touch with the moderators and they are working on it. 

You could try making a $1 payment.  Also try making your phone lost.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Suspend Service

Triguy_0-1587047010631.png

If You Find Your Phone:

Hooray! Simply follow the same steps below to resume your service.

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Lost/Stolen Phone
  3. Select Resume Service

cphillips

Thanks, I tried that and using a different browser and still no luck. I've submitted a ticket.

cphillips

I get this message: Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

I've submitted a ticket. Thanks for your suggestion.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cphillips Good In the meantime your going to have to use a voucher. 

Your card may be locked from too many attempts @cphillips .  Contact the moderators as suggested earlier by @Naepalm. Ask them to add the credit card for you. While you wait on them to respond, wait 1 hour from last attempt to add the credit card, go to private/ incognito mode and try again to add it. The system has been iffy 

When entering your debit/ credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

Once you have done it, if your account is suspended and there is a reactivate account button.  You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or can also use 611 to make your payment( once you know your 4 digit pin):
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks

Stay safe. 

cphillips

Thanks, I tried that too and still no luck. I've submitted a ticket.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

What happens when you try to apply the payment? What kind of message you get?

Do you have another card?

You can apply voucher in a meantime, gas stations have it if you can't leave you can use ding.com or recharge.com

Don't try too many times your card may be flagged by system. If you suspect that happened please contact moderators to help you with it https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ 

BearFBI

@cphillips Dou you have any other credit card you can try? What about a different web browser. try clearing the cache or going into intigonto mode

cphillips

Thanks, I've put in a ticket.

As I said, the card doesn't expire for a while. The message I get when trying to reactivate is: Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

cphillips

There is a reactivate button, so I click it every time.

After removing my credit card and trying to add it again, I get this message: Unable to Process Transaction Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

@cphillips wrote:

I tried making a call this morning and got the message that my account was deactivated.

I logged on to find this message: Please disregard this message if you have enough funds in your balance or are on AutoPay. Your account has been suspended. Make a payment to reactive your current plan. Suspended accounts are deactivated after 90 days of non-payment and you will lose your phone number and service.

I've been using Autopay since January with no problems, so what gives? I tried removing my credit card and doing a manual payment and it still won't work.

If your payment is not working you should put a ticket in with SIMon

Has your card expired recently?

If you are willing you could go and purchase a voucher and try applying that, personally I wouldn't do that but when your in a pinch you could. The best bet is to contact the extremely amazing MOD team and have them fix your payment issue. 

I would do this after I have exhausted all avenues:

How To Pay With Digital Vouchers

If you do not have access to, or prefer not to register a credit card or Visa Debit card to your account, you may also top-up your account using a digital payment voucher. However, please be aware that this would be done through a third-party, like Recharge.com, which would charge fees for their service.You can purchase a digital payment voucher (in the form of a code) through Recharge by following these steps:

1. Access the Recharge.com website
  2. Select the desired top-up amount. Once you have selected the desired top-up amount, you will be shown a breakdown of the total, including the applicable fees that Recharge will charge you
  3. Fill in your email address where you would like your code to be sent
  4. Submit a payment; through Recharge, you can pay with a Visa or Mastercard credit card, Mastercard debit or PayPal account.
  5. After your payment, the code will be sent immediately to your email address. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive your code immediately.
  6. Once you have received your code from Recharge, you can then top-up your Public Mobile account by calling * 611 and following the prompts. Or you may also top-up by signing in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘One Time Payment’. In the form on the next page, select ‘Payment Voucher’ as your payment method and enter your voucher code below, then click ‘Submit’.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@cphillips what message did you get  when you tried to apply the payment? And is there a reactivate account button? Thanks.

BearFBI

@cphillips Do you have another credit card you can try? There should be a Reactivate button. If nothing is working for you contact a moderator. If your in a rush you could buy a voucher or use an online voucher retailer like recharge.com while your waiting for a moderators response.

Contact a moderator:

Please use the chatbot SIMon to help you solve your issue. If SIMon cannot solve your issue then you have the option to contact a moderator.

Step 1: Choose the ? button at the right bottom corner of this page or choose “Get Help” at the top of the page and then choose the “Chat with SIMon” button.

Step 2: Tell SIMon what the issue is and see if he can find a solution for you.

Step 3: If Simon cannot find a solution then type in “moderator” to connect to a Public Mobile customer service representative.

Step 4: Simon will present you with two choices. Choose “Account-specific question”

Step 5 Then choose “No, I want a human”

Step 6 Create your ticket

Check the sent folder to make sure your ticket was sent (envelope icon, top right) and the inbox for a reply from the moderators.

“To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help.”

Or you could use this link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Moderators are available:

Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.

Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time

Need Help? Let's chat.