cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status says 'plan expired', autopay is turned on, payment has been taken - no phone service

jessmchutch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning I have no phone service - no phone calls, no internet.

I received a text from Public Mobile saying 'your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment' and I have always used autopay.

When I log into my Public Mobile account I can see a few things:

- Plan Expiry Date: Apr 7, 2019 

- Account Status: Plan Expired

- AutoPay:

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay

Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Apr 6, 2019

- Payment history does not show my April payment.

- Available funds: $2 (the autopay bonus from last month)

If I try to 'reactivate my current plan', it asks for a payment.

When I log into my bank account I can see the autopay payment has already been taken

So I called my bank and they said the payment was authorised today (April 7th) by Public Mobile, and that every other month my payments have been authorised at the same time/date.

Why do I have no service if Public Mobile have already authorised payment from my account?

Why does my account say expired and I have to pay when that should NOT be the case?

If someone could please help that would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@brendjp wrote:

Hi

Aprili 12, 2019 Public Mobile billed my autopayment for $33.00, but I now have not service.  Please let me know how to get this resolved.  My number is xxx xxx xxx

Thanks!

Brenda

Hi @brendjp , for your privacy, please remove your phone number and don't post other personal information; this forum is accessible to everyone.

The moderators should be contacted; to send a private message to the moderators click here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In the private message to the moderator, include your Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, email address (used to activate your Public Mobile account), and an explanation of your problem.  Response time is between 1 to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

brendjp

Hi

Aprili 12, 2019 Public Mobile billed my autopayment for $33.00, but I now have not service.  Please let me know how to get this resolved.  My number is xxx-yyy-1234

Thanks!

Brenda

Edited by StoneChucker to remove personal information from a publicly accessible forum.

Dylan3
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You need to talk to a moderator about this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

They can help you with this problem

There was a plan system maintenance between midnight and sometime Sunday morning.  It’s not usually a problem, but it may have been last night for you.

I too have had very few errors with AutoPay, and one weekend, I paid in advance as the maintenance cause issue for others on a previous update.

i hope it gets resolved for you soon..

Bandsaw
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This trick is good to know.  I may consider this for my daughters phones.  To date, I have not had any issues with the autopay system, however, the fact that others have had issues is distrurbing.  I was with Bell for years, and I manage other phones at Koodo and have never had such an issue.  This autopay thing not going through properly, along with the recent posts I have seen about the password reset function not working (again?? I thought this was fixed) leads me to beleive that the persons responsible for the workings of Public Mobile's website are not all that together reliable.

I like Public Mobile.  I like its structure and the price and agreed to it when I signed up.  Even so, I was hesitate then to sign up, and I still have no regrets.  That said, my two young daughters may rely on thier cell phones one day as a safety device and when I hear of troubles like these, it does make we wonder if Public Mobile is worth thee cost savings.

Just my comments.

Pizzaeh

@jessmchutch wrote:

I have edited my post to reflect these - sorry for not including those details in my original post.

Available funds is $2 (from last months autopay)

And the April payment is not in my payment history, which I'm guessing is the source of the issue.

My bank says Public Mobile have taken the funds, but it is not reflected on my account.

Thanks @jessmchutch for the additional details.  Yes, this explains why the plan is expired and the moderators are the only ones that can fix it/reactivate the acount. 

For the future, what I've read in the forums is that autopay may not work sometimes; even though it is turned ON, the payment may not be applied.  It's a hassle to sort out as you can agree, so some people suggest adding enough funds to the Available Funds to cover the plan cost, prior to the renewal date.  I know it's a little inconvenient, but I would rather do that instead of going through this when autopay doesn't work.  I would still keep autopay ON for the discount, of course.  Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jessmchutch wrote:

I have edited my post to reflect these - sorry for not including those details in my original post.

And the April payment is not in my payment history, which I'm guessing is the source of the issue.

My bank says Public Mobile have taken the funds, but it is not reflected on my account.

Wait for moderator to work on your payment issue as we do not have access to your account.

jessmchutch

Pizzaeh

@jessmchutch when you login to your self-serve account...

What does it say beside Available Funds?

When you click View Payment History, do you see your April payment?

jessmchutch

Thank you for the helpful suggestion, I am giving the suspend service a try now. I will let you know if this resolves the issue.

I have also sent the moderators a private message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jessmchutch 

Do send that private message as already suggested but maybe just maybe you could try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

A screen snip of your overview page could be informative too. Blank out personal info of course.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jessmchutch wrote:

I received a text from Public Mobile saying 'your plan did not renew because we did not receive your payment' and I have always used autopay.

- AutoPay:

When I log into my bank account I can see the autopay payment has already been taken

So I called my bank and they said the payment was authorised today (April 7th) by Public Mobile, and that every other month my payments have been authorised at the same time/date.

Why do I have no service if Public Mobile have already authorised payment from my account?

Why does my account say expired and I have to pay when that should NOT be the case?

Is your PM self-serve payment history shows the payment?

Send a private message to moderator for help.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@jessmchutch wrote:

- AutoPay:

I think you should contact moderator team .

Need Help? Let's chat.