Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status: Plan Expired!

moonindz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have no service on my phone.

I have the Public Mobile account, paying with AutoPay and everything worked perfectly well. Public mobile was able to charge my credit card in order to pay every month.

On my account page, it says that Plan expired, because of the missed payment.

I have money on my bank account, visa card is active.

I have now been without service on my phone and I don't know what to do.

Why the Public Mobile doesn't charge my bank account???

Let me know ASAP what it's wrong?

16 REPLIES 16

moonindz

Thanks for everyone for different suggestions. 

The debit card, registered on my account got expired, that is why the service sedently stopped working. 

I replaced the new card and everything came back immidiately. 

jtcavers

@srlawren wrote:

@jtcavers wrote:

Be sure to cover the cost of the plan and applicable taxes. 

@jtcavers no, just cover the plan cost.  Taxes are automatically added to the payment. 

If your plan costs $25 (for example), just tell the system you want to make a top-up for $25, and it will automatically charge your credit card for $25 + [applicable taxes for your province].

Appreciate the correction @srlawren 

Also explains why I always have a positive balance lol

OP Please let us know if it got you up and running..

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jtcavers wrote:

Be sure to cover the cost of the plan and applicable taxes. 

@jtcavers no, just cover the plan cost.  Taxes are automatically added to the payment. 

If your plan costs $25 (for example), just tell the system you want to make a top-up for $25, and it will automatically charge your credit card for $25 + [applicable taxes for your province].

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

jtcavers

Simple soloution.... @moonindz

On the self serve page click make payment and then it will take you to the page to input your payment manually. Be sure to cover the cost of the plan and applicable taxes. 

Then return to  the self serve page, Click plan/ addons and you will then see lost/ stolen tab...click lost..and then wait a minute and press found. Phone should now be activated. 

moonindz

What should I do know?

Do I need to pay the same amount that I pay every month to reactivate my account or it will come back on 5th?

moonindz

I still do not understand, Public Mobile shifted payment date to another day, why didn't it charge me and keep me without the service?

Why do I need to have such a problem?

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@moonindz wrote:

Thank you for an explanation.

So, is that mean I will experience the same issue every month that has 31 days, being without service for an entire day or maybe more?

How can I avoid this situation in the future?

@moonindz

My family and friends have auto pay setup..but add funds to our accounts prior to the autopay date...so far perfect renewals..no missed usage..

moonindz

Thank you for an explanation.

So, is that mean I will experience the same issue every month that has 31 days, being without service for an entire day or maybe more?

How can I avoid this situation in the future?

@moonindz wrote:

Yes, on an Autopay section, when I scroll down it says:

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay

Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 3, 2019

What does that mean?

Usually, it renews the service on every 5th of the month, what happened this time?

Thanks

At Public Mobile it's 30 days not one month. Since December has 31 days, the renewal day (actual renewal) shifted backwards to the 4th. So your renewal might still be in process. You could try and restart the phone?

moonindz

Yes, on an Autopay section, when I scroll down it says:

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay

Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment): Jan 3, 2019

What does that mean?

Usually, it renews the service on every 5th of the month, what happened this time?

Thanks

moonindz

Yes, I've been trying to use my phone since this morning, it still doesn't work

ColdWinters

When you go into "My Account" and scroll down, under "AutoPay" does it indicate: 

You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay.  Payment Due Date (One-Time Payment):

If not, then you will need to pay and then I suggest opting into the the auto-pay as well to avoid issues going forward.  

If you are registered for autopay and the payment has been taken, then I would suggest waiting a little while.  Sometimes on renewal day you will have a short service disruption (from my understanding—I haven't had this issue with my iPhone but believe Andoroid users do)

@jtcavers, @moonindz

The following is assuming that the renewal process has gone full circle, ie it's the day after the indicated renewal date in your self-serve account.

If your services are not working, and since moderator turn-around time is in the 48 - 72hour range, it might be fastest to do a manual top up with your card on file and restart the plan.

If the system doesn't like the card right now, purchase a voucher - either from a physical store if you have one close by, or from recharge.com - and deal with the card later.

ColdWinters

Have you looked in the self-service to see if the payment was processed? or if you have accidentally opted out of 'auto-pay'.   What steps have you currently taken to solve your problem?  This can help us inform you on the next-steps.  Let us know and we can help you.

jtcavers

I am experiencing the same issue. I contacted the mods directly PM here a few hours ago and have not had the problem resolved. 

NEED HELP lol

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@moonindz wrote:

Hello,

I have no service on my phone.

I have the Public Mobile account, paying with AutoPay and everything worked perfectly well. Public mobile was able to charge my credit card in order to pay every month.

On my account page, it says that Plan expired, because of the missed payment.

I have money on my bank account, visa card is active.

I have now been without service on my phone and I don't know what to do.

Why the Public Mobile doesn't charge my bank account???

Let me know ASAP what it's wrong?

@moonindz

Have you actually tried to usethe phone...the message happens during the renewal process

Need Help? Let's chat.