cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidently bought two sims

Marisamusing
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but while I was ordering my new sim I bought it twice, I didn't realise that once I had bought the first one it was confirmed, it had redirected me to the buy page for another sim, and I thought it was for the extra charges for the actual plan I wanted. Is there a way to get a refund for the second SIM card? Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

dude65
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

What i would do is keep the sim. You could sell it or give it family or friend. Just be sure you give them your referal code and you will get $1/month off as long as they stay a PM customer.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Marisamusing wrote:

Hello,

I don't know if this is the place to ask this, but while I was ordering my new sim I bought it twice, I didn't realise that once I had bought the first one it was confirmed, it had redirected me to the buy page for another sim, and I thought it was for the extra charges for the actual plan I wanted. Is there a way to get a refund for the second SIM card? Thanks!

@Marisamusing Why not keep it? Give it to a friend for free or $5 or whatever. Have them use your referral code, they get $10 and you get $1 off every month that they stay with PM. Win Win!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Marisamusing PM is prepaid there are no refunds. However, since a honest mistake was made. Use this direct private message link to contact the moderators (PM customer service) directly, explain to them what happened and ask them for a refund of one of them. If lucky, you may get one. Stay safe. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Marisamusing  It's always a good strategy to have an extra sim just in case your phone gets lost or stolen. If that happens you just have to access selfserve use the change sim card option and you can be up and running on your backup phone within no time.

@Marisamusing 

type "SIM rebate/refund"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Marisamusing 

With prepaid system, generally, there are no refunds with Public mobile.  

However, you can try to contact moderator to see whether they can help.

Click on question mark on right lower corner of website. Type: contact moderator.  Follow prompts to submit ticket to get help.

Need Help? Let's chat.