cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About change my plan

suhong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want to change to a new plan, $15 for 30 days. I was asked to pay first, but I am on auto pay. What shall I do please? Or anyone from public mobile can help me to change my pan please?

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suhong wrote:

I sent a message to moderator but no reply yet. 

If I pay first instead of auto pay, I can have $15 plan but no data. Then I need to pay extra many to add data. 

If you don't have a credit card then get one of those prepaid gift cards and use that. You can still pre-pay each term with vouchers but you get the $2 and the bonus.

I doubt there's a way for them to charge and add data after the fact. Heck, for all we know with the inconsistencies around here, you might get the bonus anyway.

suhong

I sent a message to moderator but no reply yet. 

If I pay first instead of auto pay, I can have $15 plan but no data. Then I need to pay extra many to add data. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suhong wrote:

Thank you everyone. The $15 plan needs auto pay to get data. So I think cannot change to this plan diy. How can I get  help from pm staff please?

I'm confused about what you're trying to do.

What plan are you on?

Is it the $15 plan that you're trying to change to?

Early renewal of a plan requires the mioderator.

Immediate change plan loses the value of your current plan and starts the new plan. No refunds or pro-rating here.

Future change plan is the preferred way.

If you're out of calling minutes then you can buy the long distance add-ons that also extend your calling minutes in Canada (and others).

Edit: You can also set up autopay using those prepaid gift card credit cards that you can find in convenience stores. Just because it says you can have some data as a bonus with autopay doesn't mean you can't change to it. It's a bonus.

@suhong 

If you can't do it youself in your self service account, you will need to contact moderator.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

suhong

Thank you everyone. The $15 plan needs auto pay to get data. So I think cannot change to this plan diy. How can I get  help from pm staff please?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@charliejohnsone wrote:

Wait for your montly plan to expire and then change your plan to maximize your moeny. 

@suhong wrote:

I want to change to a new plan, $15 for 30 days. I was asked to pay first, but I am on auto pay. What shall I do please? Or anyone from public mobile can help me to change my pan please?

Or, more prudently, choose the option to change plan upon renewal. That way, the plan change switchover will be seamless.

charliejohnsone

Wait for your montly plan to expire and then change your plan to maximize your moeny. 

@suhong wrote:

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@suhong wrote:

@suhong  If you are currently on the $15 plan and you want to renew the same plan you need to ask the moderator to do it.  If you want to switch to a new plan then you need to put the money into your account before you can switch plans. Even if you have AutoPay you still need to fund your account before switching plans for the plan to take effect immediately.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, when you change plan you lose the remaining days you have already paid for.  So it's best to change at renewal (autopay) or a few days before if you really can't wait.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@suhong wrote:

If you like your money then choose to change at next renewal. It seems you've hit change now which of course asks for money. Autopay is for renewal time.

Need Help? Let's chat.