cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ASSISTANCE] How do I Update Autopay Credit Card

biscoff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello PM community,

I just activated my PM service in-store and signed up for auto-pay at the same time. I asked if they were able to take American Express and said they were unable to. Had to setup account using my visa. Is it possible to update my auto-pay credit card that is currently on file with the AMEX somehow? Do I just simply remove auto-pay and re-add it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Biscoff

7 REPLIES 7

@stonechucker wrote:

@biscoff, I’m very happy with AutoPay, and it’s reliability in working as designed.  In almost 30 months of service with Public Mobile, I’ve only once topped up early, and only because scheduled maintenance was scheduled on my renewal night.

@RobertQc, is correct in that you can top up early to prevent the need for the Autoapay to function, but for the majority of subscribers, it’s not an issue.

@stonechucker

Agreed, out of the million? customers total monthly autopay failures vs subscribers probably round down to 0.0% My numbers are probably not accurate, but I would guess that somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1/10 times an existing customer wakes up to no service (not cunfused about how something works or a mistake they made, blacklist add, wrong add on purchase, mms not working, no text after roaming expire, confused about suspended message etc but an actual problem where service is not working), its very often a result of an autopay failure, and out of the various issues for completely losing your service / bugs / glitches the autopay failure is one of the only user-accessible prevention methods that can be 100% prevented by simply topping off.

Maybe my logic is flawed, but when I think of it like that, I think topping off in advance is one of the easiest, most overlooked and most important way to keep your service up and running at public mobile. I am also willing to bet that anyone who has had the auto-pay fail, and had suspended service will make sure to always top off in advance.

Which is why I feel that steering away from the 90 day plans is a poor choice by public mobile. When we are on a 90 day plan, there are 1/3 less renewals which mean 1/3 less top ups, 1/3rd less auto pays, which mean less renewal bugs, less suspended service and less angry customers.

EDIT-

I’ve always used safety goggles when working with tools, my good friend is always doing the safety squint (no glasses, just shuts his eyes a little lol), he told me its never been a problem so he sees no reason to wear safety goggles, but all I see is. landscape-1465750530-glasses-e1471007620774.jpg

Better safe, than sorry.

@biscoff, I’m very happy with AutoPay, and it’s reliability in working as designed.  In almost 30 months of service with Public Mobile, I’ve only once topped up early, and only because scheduled maintenance was scheduled on my renewal night.

@RobertQc, is correct in that you can top up early to prevent the need for the Autoapay to function, but for the majority of subscribers, it’s not an issue.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@biscoffOne thing to note, think of auto pay as a method for public mobile to charge you IF your account does not have sufficient balance. If you have sufficient balance it does not need to use autopay, but auto pay is still configured so you get the reward. I highly recommend everyone to top off in advance as this process can prevent the occurrence of an autopay failure (Even at no fault of yours) which causes a HUGE pain in the butt account suspension, complete loss of service and a guaranteed frustrating time for you.

biscoff

Thanks for the screenshot.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I have search this link this week... so I decided to show you @biscoff where is it...

D294685F-D539-43C6-8B49-DB5CF9EF1CA0.png

Can you see MANAGE MY CARD???? 

biscoff

@Jessica_T Thanks for the assistance. Just did it and all good. Cheers!

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@biscoff wrote:

Hello PM community,

I just activated my PM service in-store and signed up for auto-pay at the same time. I asked if they were able to take American Express and said they were unable to. Had to setup account using my visa. Is it possible to update my auto-pay credit card that is currently on file with the AMEX somehow? Do I just simply remove auto-pay and re-add it?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Biscoff

@biscoffYes it is that easy. Log into self serve here then click payment, and click manage my card, then click replace or remove card, and add or replace it and set up the new card for autopay, you can verify it after by clicking manage auto pay and confirming it is active.

You can also confirm auto-pay is properly re-configured after switching cards when you look at your self-serve overview near the bottom left corner under the AutoPay section it will say

• You are currently registered for dynamic Autopay

Need Help? Let's chat.