cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day pre-purchase doesn't cover the final month

AlexeyT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a 90 day plan back in the beginning of April, but my plan was just disconnected after 60 days (suspended). According to your plan calculator, it cost $180 - $60 discount for a total of $120. I got a text message saying Public Mobile did not receive my June Payment. Checking my account i can see i still have $20 in my current balance and apparently owe $30 in order for my final month to be active. It looks like they are charging me $50 per month regardless of the discount. This is frustrating and inconvenient, considering that I pre-purchased 90 days worth of usage and stayed within the limits of my plan, data and call wise. 

17 REPLIES 17

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Reading over this thread, again, I am reminded of a valuable lesson. Don't trust the web site! Always double check, first on the day you do or change something, and again the next day.

The mods are great, the cell service itself is great, but the web site is the pits. The site has very little tolerance for any user error, and very little self correction, or even end-user correction. Any problems need you to contact the mods; and they usually fix it quickly. But many times it should not have occurred, or it should be able to be rectifiable by the user.

The IT department (outsourced?) needs to sit down with the all use case scenarios where people have got into problems and just make sure the system 1) is working correctly, 2) made flexible enough for the user to fix the problem once it occurs. It's not rocket science.

It's basic software engineering, 101.

pratchak

Please cross verify your account whether it is on 90 day plan or 30 day plan. If you are on 30 day plan the plan charges are correct. If you are on 90 day plan then, there is a glitch. Moderators can help you out. 

@stonechucker & @AlexeyT Interesting

Well I have a future dated plan change next month so hopefully it works ok

We shall see (when I selected future plan change the system complained I did not have available funds despite being on auto pay with a small balance on account)

That is strange, but I'm happy you've gotten this addressed.  Welcome again to Public Mobile, it's not generally this frustrating!! LOL

AlexeyT

Final update and Solution: I received a PM reply back this morning. According to their system, I did a top up, and they are sticking to that. However, they credited me $30 for this month in order to satisfy me as a valued customer, along with instructions on how to change plans (considerate, but i already knew how to do this), and i thanked them for it. I expected no less than this. 

Even if you do a top up of $120 willingly, there should be a way for the system to detect it and send you a message along the line of: "We noticed you want to top off your monthly plan with $120. You can request a 90 day plan for the same amount, and save $30 for using 3 months of our service." 

stonechucker, i cannot tell the difference from our experience, but according to the rep, your experience was different from mine. "The other customer had topped up 120$ and requested the plan through his self-serve. A glitch in the prevented the plan from renewing - however, we are able to verify this."

I have to say, not seeing the payment history of AlexeyT's account, this really and truly seems like the future dated plan change glitch I had last summer, after signing up for a 30-day plan as I did not have enough available for 90 to start.

i future dated my plan for 90, with province wide and the text option, and doubled my data to 6 GB.  The $120 plan as AlexeyT is mentioning.  My 30-day renewed, I had the required $120 either via autopay or predated credit card payment, and the system renewed my $42 dollar plan, rather than $120.

as I said, I did a lot of research, I read all the forums and all the responses so I knew what to do if any errors occurred.  I caught it, I reported it.

i also, when offered the promo, took a screen shot of my upcoming change at the end of that 90 days in case there was a problem.  Good thing I did, my data didn't double.

AlexeyT

No it hasn't been resolved to my satisfaction. They are still saying that it was a different error and that I requested a top up and not a 90 day plan change. I know what a top up looks like, and I know what a plan change looks like. I've used enough online services to see the difference. The only error on my part was not noticing their system did not register as such right away. For example, I do not have a confirmation email (neither for a top up or a plan change). I do have one for the initial service registration back in March. I also recieved a text message reminding me to top off at the end of April and May, but assumed this was an automated responce even during a 90 day plan (especially since my service kept working in those months). I have to say, the official moderator responces have been courteous, but less than helpful. They keep insisting they can't do anything to help me because their tracking system says i did a top up. They really aren't listening to the fact that their system is bugged and that other people have had the same issue.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@AlexeyT I followed up with one of the moderators and it sounds like Mary may have gotten ahold of you recently and resolved this for you?  Could you please confirm if you were helped to your satisfaction?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

I'm not sure what's been received by you, nor who may have responded, but when it happened to me, I noticed immediately, and got assistance right away.  I did a ton of research before joining, I knew what types of errors to expect, and decided for myself to know exactly what should happen, and verify that it occurred or not.

I hate to say it, but there are too many glitches that happen, especially with those signing up new to the service.  Saying this, some are user entry errors (I don't believe so in this case), and some are wonky system errors that no one can explain.

AlexeyT

Thank you for the responce stonechucker. I was beginning to think I was crazy or wrong. I actually did send Shazia a PM yesterday, but i got a response from two different moderators who were both basically saying I made a mistake, that they could do nothing, and that i should top off my final month and switch to a 90 day plan. I even tried to switch plans to see what would happen and and recieved "Sorry! We are having trouble with this page. Please try again later." on multiple tries. Looks like they have more than one bug to sort out.

In recent months, this has been a bug.  Frankly, I don't like it, and it should be resolved already.

Please send a mod a private message.  What has occured, happened to me last summer.  I started on a 1 month plan.  Changed to the 90-day plan, but the renewal only used a small portion of my $120, and recreated the 30-day plan with no chnage as requested.

I got help from @Shazia_K I think (you could PM her), and this was corrected for me immedidately.

What appears to have also happened, at the end of your first renewal (30 days) you still had available balance, so the 30-day renewed... leaving an available that you see of $20.

I know this is frustrating, but Shazia got me sorted out.  You will get the assistance you're looking for.

AlexeyT

I know the difference between topping up and changing plans. Why would i top up $120 on a month to month basis if i can just do the 90 day plan for $120? I did start with a month plan back in march just to try out this service, but decided to switch to 90 days in April in order to save money. Now I'm being told by the moderators that's not what i did and that i should switch to the 90 day plan. Very frustrating. Even now if i try to do this online, i get error messages on the website ("Sorry! We are having trouble with this page. Please try again later."). This whole thing seems like an easy fix on Public Mobile's end to just credit me the missing $30 so i can resume my final month and then help me switch to 90 days after. However, as it stands now, they are basically calling me a liar and are insisting that i switch my plan (which the site won't even allow me to do!)

SD08

@AlexeyT

I think the scenario @mimmo described is the most likely cause.  A 90-day plan would not simply stop at 60 days.  It's either fully paid upfront, or not bought at all, i.e. a 30-day plan was actually  purchased instead.  As suggested, double check your plan in the "Plan & Add-ons" page.

Also, if that turns out to be the case, then it looks like you don't have autopay set up to renew your plan automatically.  When you get your account sorted out, you should register for autopay by adding a credit card, so you'll get $2 off per month to lower your costs further.  More about autopay reward here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Rewards/AutoPay-Reward/td-p/404

mimmo

@AlexeyT can you check your plan. could you be on a 30 day plan and not a 90 day?

30 day provinicial  global text + 2gb =$50.  

your my account page should say 90 day pick and pay, something like the following:

• My Plan
  • Pick & Pay
  • $120 per 90 Days

I am thinking it says $50 per 30 days.

you will likley need a mod to change your plan to a 90 day term if this is infact the issue.

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

Wait @AlexeyT something wrong here

You paid in April $120 for 90 days (Apr, May, Jun)

You also have a $20 credit (from refer or website use?)

What day was your last payment processed on? 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@AlexeyT, if you have encountered an account related problem, you will need the help of a moderator to resolve this issue. The moderator team can be reached via private message. Refer to the following links for information on private messaging and how to contact a moderator.  Good luck, hopefully things will be sorted out quickly for you.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Private-Messages-viewing-and-creating/...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

aip0401

Hey @AlexeyT, have you tried contacting one of the mods to help you out?  

Need Help? Let's chat.