cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 day of inactivity

ErikWolf
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

90 day of inactivity is 3 month so why after 2 week of inactivity my account tell me that the 18 december i will loose my phone number line and everything normaly the 90 day end on febuary, so if i am a worker that deal with contract and only been paid after the 18 decembre like let says the 26 i will lose my phone number etc... please can we solve that?

9 REPLIES 9

anniemh2220
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I wasn't expecting freedata. I had explained my situation that it was costing me $30 for ONE GB. I didn't have a data plan.. I had already spent over $120 on data and because I had been with Public mobile for so long I thought maybe the person with whom I spoke might give me a GB at that time...

Not a free data plan!

There, that was bothering me.

Thanks

@anniemh2220, have you done your research on Freedom Mobile?

I only ask, because their service area is very limited compared to what you're getting on Public Mobile, and if you're not in their "HOME" area, you'll be limited on how much data you can use it the "AWAY" areas, and there are some other extra charges, that you won't get with Public Mobile.

Right now, you have no roaming charges in Canada as Bell and Telus share the same network across most of the populated country, and even in rural areas, coverage is there.  Freedom, has roaming charges after so many minutes, or MB of data use - this could add up signifigantly, if you're unaware.

As I mentioned, just trying to make sure you know what you're looking at, if you're always in a big City, it may not be a problem for you.

anniemh2220

Going to Freedom mobile and the 10GB/ month for $50 for 24 months.

I wasn't trying to negotiate I was just telling the guy I was going and that was it, then I said "I can't get a free GB? ETC... anyway I called make sure my Visa was taken off the auto pay plan.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@anniemh2220 you were expecting free data?  Interesting.  I don't think there's anyone on Public Mobile with free data.  PM doesn't work like the other carriers where you call in and negotiate with the loyalty department under threat to leave--they offer up the plans they offer and you can either take them or leave them.  They won't meet everybody's needs--you can't please all the people all the time--but for folks that need at least a little each of talk, text, and data, the "pick and pay" plans do offer good value compared to the alterantives out there, for the most part.  

Have a look at the currently offered plans and see if anything might work better for you.  On one of the current plans, you will earn rewards (as @stonechucker pointed out) but do be aware you will lose access to call 611 (or the toll-free equivalent) for assistance and will only be able to get help here via the community.  It might be a worth-while trade off.

On the other hand, if you're sure you're leaving: I'm curious--where are you going and to which plan?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Well if you've truly been with Public Mobile for 6 years, you should switch to a rewards eligible plan, where you'll get $5/30 days off your plan cost for every renewal, due to your loyality with Public Mobile.

When you switch, you can get your base plan, plus your choice of all available services (voice, provicial or national or international to 18 countries), (global sms), and (data per 30 or 90 days).  90 day plans are slightly cheaper per 30 days, compared to 30 day specific plans.

The data is cheaper in bigger blocks on the reward eligible plans.

I hope you reconsider Public Mobile - you've been here for a long time!

anniemh2220

I saw a topic that said "any data offers" ...Ok I have been a Public mobile customer for at least 6 years.

I never had a data plan because I always had WiFi at home, so I never had a need for data. 

I paid every month for my service. $25 for unlimited nation wide talk and text.. I sometimes couldn't pay on the day it was due but I always paid within a day or two in those cases. 

On October 19 my cable and WiFi were disconnected.. major bummer because it's still disconnected Smiley Sad 

I paid my usual fee for my phone service, and after a couple of days realized I should have got data!!

I read in the community where people were billed for their new plan +their previous plan which to a lot of people, that wouldn't be that big of a deal because if Public mobile made a mistake you would get credited..

At the time it would have been a big deal to me only because I, like everyone has automatic bill payments from my bank account and I didn't want to risk something being NSF.

I decided to buy a data add on $30/GB!! (Truly ridiculous).. I didn't realize how small 1 GB was so I did buy more (probably all together $180-$200)..

Yes it's crazy, and I'm complaining but I did buy that much. I was really annoyed, and I found a really good deal for data at another store. I might get my WiFi back on Friday but I've had it with PM.

I called the service center yesterday because I actually added my card for autopay which would have started on the 30th. I wanted to make sure I had removed it, I spoke to the representative and told him about my leaving because I was kinda p'od. He truly didn't seem to care that a long time customer was leaving.. I said to him "I can't get any free data (lol) or anything else to ask me ti stay..his reply "No"

I hope I haven't bored you, I know my post is long. 

Anyway I am going elsewhere on the 30th. I haven't been a big  message poster, but I always know that I would find a solution here if I posted..which I did about 45 minutes ago.

(I can't send texts)

Take care everyone,

Cat Tongue  Heart  

@JDT wrote:

This problem really should be fixed...  That post was from July 2016 and it's still an ongoing issue.

Lol, there are many other erroneous things that needs to be fixed.  There is just no will to do anything.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This problem really should be fixed...  That post was from July 2016 and it's still an ongoing issue.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It has been confirmed previously by PM moderators that the indicated 1 month time limit before losing your phone number is simply an inaccurate display issue in the accounts.  You can safely ignore that date. You do in fact have 90 days after the expiry of your previous plan to reactivate.  See here for an example:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Need-help-regarding-account-deactivation/m...

Need Help? Let's chat.