cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90 Day Autopay Payment Question

cabbages
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Probably going to use Visa Debit so it comes from my bank account.

If I sign up for the 90 day plan that is $150+tax, do I pay the $150+tax upfront or do I pay $50+tax a month for 3 months?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cabbages you're quite welcome.  Welcome aboard!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cabbages

@srlawren wrote:

@cabbages if the plan selection page says $150 for 90 days of service, your credit card will be charged $150 + tax (either PST & GST, or HST/QST, depending on your province or territory) every 90 days.  There are no other fees.  

That said, you may (or may not) wish to purchase add-on(s) at any point in time.  For example, the $150 plan (I'm assuming you're looking at 90 days of province-wide calling, global texting, and 3+3 GB 4G data) only includes in-province calling.  So if you want to be able to call other provinces or the USA, you may want to pick up a 200 min for $8 or 400 min for $15 long distance add-on.  These do not expire and remain on your account until fully used up.  If you want to call internationally, the 400 for $15 also includes calling to a select list of, I believe, 18 international countries.  We could dig up the list for you if you need it.

Also, if you run out of data before your 90 days is up, you can optionally purchase data add-ons in 250mb, 500mb, or 1gb amounts.  The 1GB bucket is the lowest cost per GB, but is still very expensive at $30, so try to pick a plan that will provide you enough data, since it's cheaper to buy as part of your plan.  That said, the *add-on* data amounts, like the long distance calling, do not expire and stay on your account untill fully utilized.  Note that this is *not* the case for your plan data--any unused amount goes away upon the start of your next 90 days.

Finally you may optionally want to puchase US roaming add-ons if you plan to visit the US.  There are various configurations possible, there's plenty of details in the community if you need it.  No international roaming is possible on Public Mobile at this time.

Thank you so much. I think its time to go buy my sim cards and get this party started.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@cabbages if the plan selection page says $150 for 90 days of service, your credit card will be charged $150 + tax (either PST & GST, or HST/QST, depending on your province or territory) every 90 days.  There are no other fees.  

That said, you may (or may not) wish to purchase add-on(s) at any point in time.  For example, the $150 plan (I'm assuming you're looking at 90 days of province-wide calling, global texting, and 3+3 GB 4G data) only includes in-province calling.  So if you want to be able to call other provinces or the USA, you may want to pick up a 200 min for $8 or 400 min for $15 long distance add-on.  These do not expire and remain on your account until fully used up.  If you want to call internationally, the 400 for $15 also includes calling to a select list of, I believe, 18 international countries.  We could dig up the list for you if you need it.

Also, if you run out of data before your 90 days is up, you can optionally purchase data add-ons in 250mb, 500mb, or 1gb amounts.  The 1GB bucket is the lowest cost per GB, but is still very expensive at $30, so try to pick a plan that will provide you enough data, since it's cheaper to buy as part of your plan.  That said, the *add-on* data amounts, like the long distance calling, do not expire and stay on your account untill fully utilized.  Note that this is *not* the case for your plan data--any unused amount goes away upon the start of your next 90 days.

Finally you may optionally want to puchase US roaming add-ons if you plan to visit the US.  There are various configurations possible, there's plenty of details in the community if you need it.  No international roaming is possible on Public Mobile at this time.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

cabbages

@collin1215 wrote:

Public Mobile also does charge taxes, it will be shown on your credit statement.

Wait a second ... so if it says 150 for 90 days that is the price (I know the price says +tax so now I am a little confused there are no other charges ... so 150 is what i pay ever 90 days?

Thank you for solving the data question too! 3+3GB means 6GB for 90 days I need to control my data usuage or buy add ons or no data when its up. Perfect!

collin1215
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@cabbages wrote:

Are there any other fees like other providers have or is it just $150+tax = $169.50 and then no worries for 90 days. The data says 3+3GB does that mean I get 2 GB a month or 6 GB for 90 days?

Thank you for the quick reply.

You will be able to all the data whenever you want that is listed on your plan within the plan period which is 3 months. But once you're out, you are out. 

Public Mobile also does charge taxes, it will be shown on your credit statement.

cabbages

Are there any other fees like other providers have or is it just $150+tax = $169.50 and then no worries for 90 days. The data says 3+3GB does that mean I get 2 GB a month or 6 GB for 90 days?

Thank you for the quick reply.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Payment for 90 day plans are in full, not in 3 separate installments.  This service is prepaid, so all payment is made up front.

Need Help? Let's chat.