cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9$ Top Up Charge

sebby123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I am on the 25$ a month plan and for some reason was just charged a 9$ topup for 3gb of data - or at least this is how I understand it. Does someone mind explaining why I would get charged this when the last 2 months it was a 15 & a 10$ charge to make i 25$ total?

Thank you,

Sebastian

10 REPLIES 10

Here is a help article on how to purchase add ons:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

If you need more data each month, you might want to consider changing plans to a higher data plan.  You can either change plans immediately or at next renewal.  If immediate, your existing plan will not be prorated and you will be charged the full price of new plan.  You also can renewal your existing plan earlier, but that requires moderator help.  

@Janiecyr17 
Log in to your account and buy a 1GB data add-on. Make a $15 payment to your account FIRST so that you have the required funds to purchase the add-on.

This assumes that you are just short a little data this month and are otherwise okay with the plan you are currently on. Don’t bother trying to use up all of the add-on data, it will remain on your account for future use if and when needed.

AE_Collector

Janiecyr17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do you get more data?

So maybe the original post has been edited, but there was no mention of add-ons. The $15 and $10 referred to is the normal way the $25 plan shows the cost online. So there must have been $16 in credits leaving a $9 charge this month. Maybe a $10 referral credit if the OP is a new customer plus a couple other items like Autopay maybe for $4 total if first renewal?

AE_Collector

I think that @HALIMACS  and @kselmak  are on to something here.  There's no such as a 3GB add-on.  Also, if this was matter of purchasing multiple 1GB add-ons, it would show as a 1GB add-on in the transaction history at $15 each.  The $9 would have to either be a manual payment or an automatic payment that is the different between the plan price and the existing account balance.  Also, data charges don't automatcally occur after a customer runs out of data. Customers need to manually make and approve the purchase.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@sebby123 

If you balance and rewards added up to 16, the system would charge your credit card the difference of $9. 

Deductions from your account for the plan should be 10+15. If they are not please contact moderators by private message to Moderator_Team

I'm quite sure my suspicion may be correct, @sebby123 

Have a look at your transaction history to confirm if it looks somewhat like below.

On an account I manage, the transaction history displays a potentially similar set of circumstances of credits/rewards;  it led to the most recent payment coming to $9.00:

HALIMACS_0-1615813590026.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@sebby123 

Is it possible that you're seeing the transaction history line item as 3gb when in fact it means 3g?

"1GB at 3G Speed/ 1Go à la vitesse 3G"

The $9 amount is more intriguing - (EDIT:  though i believe i know how it occurred - see post below).   To be sure, please screenshot your transaction history for the past 90 days and post on a reply.

I'm thinking you have received a recent Boxing Day/New Years 'Get your 2nd month free' promotion, and if you used a referral code from another user on activation, you may have also received a $10 credit.   If we add a few months of auto-pay discount, it is likely that on the most recent renewal, all you had to pay would have been $9.00.

$25 Plan - $10 referral credit - (3 x $2.00/cycle auto pay credit)  =   $9.00

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sebby123 

More details would be helpful. 

Maybe screenshot your payment history page for last couple of months and overview page showing your plan details (omit any personal information).  

When did you activate your account?  There were a few different promotions around boxing day and new years.  

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@sebby123 wrote:

Hello, 

I am on the 25$ a month plan and for some reason was just charged a 9$ topup for 3gb of data - or at least this is how I understand it. Does someone mind explaining why I would get charged this when the last 2 months it was a 15 & a 10$ charge to make i 25$ total?

Thank you,

Sebastian

3GB would cost $45. There's nothing that's $9.  It's in your transaction history?  

Need Help? Let's chat.