cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5s to note5

ipofmc7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey I switched my sim from my 5s to note5 and I can't call or text. It says service not available but sometimes it does show that I'm connected to public mobile briefly although I still can't call or text. Please help

8 REPLIES 8

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am, I too am a fan of stock android.

@GreatCanadian wrote:

@will13am @ipofmc7 The Network Reset option is a very good suggestion. It will turn off mobile data, turn off VPN, forget any network settings, removes app restrictions, sets mobile network type to the best available, turns mobile data on, and a bunch of other things. Give that a shot, reboot, check your APN settings and get back to us.

GC

Yeah Samsung is a control freak which is why they have this feature.  Stock android doesn't need any of this nonsense.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am @ipofmc7 The Network Reset option is a very good suggestion. It will turn off mobile data, turn off VPN, forget any network settings, removes app restrictions, sets mobile network type to the best available, turns mobile data on, and a bunch of other things. Give that a shot, reboot, check your APN settings and get back to us.

GC

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I think for the note 5 under settings, backup and resets, there is a network reset.  Not quite sure what it does, but give that a try. 

ipofmc7

Any advanced options?

@ipofmc7 wrote:

The phone works w other sims

In your network settings, make sure you are connected to Public Mobile and set the Network Settings to LTE. If the sim works in your old phone, then it's not the sim or any account related problem. 

Sometimes device factory reset fixes this problem. But if you are going to try factory resetting, make sure to back up everything first. 

ipofmc7

The phone works w other sims

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is definitely a phone problem.  The connection should not be intermittent.  That is a sign something is not right.  I assume that connection is consistent when the SIM is moved back to the 5s?

Need Help? Let's chat.