cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$5 vouchers refused.

stemcell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased $40 and 3x $5 vouchers.  The system did not accept any of the $5 vouchers. I have emailed photos to Moderator_Team. My account is suspended as the result.  Very unhappy 

18 REPLIES 18

These threads have been merged.

Stemcell:  Hopefully, CCTS is able to help you and Public Mobile sort this out.

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am sorry but being rude and accusatory is not nice.  If you require assistance contact a moderator privately and provide all the information they request in order to help you. Incomplete information means they can not assist you properly. 

Contact a moderator here: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Response time is aproximately 48 hours. This is standard. It's a small inconvenience to reap the benefits of low rates and great rewards that can lower monthly costs even more. 

stemcell

@CS_Agent. It’s the CCTS hearing as your Carlos csr did nothing when told 3 x $5 vouchers were not accepted. 

If I did not add money AFTER YOUR VOUCHERS DIDNT WORK I WOULD STILL BE WITHOUT A PHONE. 

Looks like I go to the CCTS as your delays from stupidity and ignorance are just theft of my time and money 

stemcell

The idiot who “ claimed “ my case looked and didn’t do a thing.  

I paid extra out of my pocket Monday to have a working phone. Service took far too long. The idiot moron at Moderator_Team saw my phone was working and walked away doing nothing. So now I will have to go through the CCTS as obviously Public Mobile is useless.  

@stemcell wrote:

Since purchasing 3 x $5 vouchers that did not get accepted, I have heard back two days later , TO CONFIRM MY IDENTITY.  I’d think the service hacked that they had a human do that or it take so long to automatically do such.  Seeing Public Mobile certainly is not handling things like this problem many have had quickly , I will suggest they start offering the same plans as competitors very , very , very soon.  Seeing I have now had to pay instead of waiting , it means first thing Tuesday , I will have no choice but to go to the CCTS with a complaint as well. 

@stemcell, you've been here since September 2018, and you have 27 posts.  You know this is self-serve around here, and if you've read anything in your 10 months, you know what the system is, and what it doesn't offer.

Within the last few weeks, voucher payments, depending on where you buy them, have been taking more than the normal period of time to activate.  Some take 24 hours, others never seem to activate.  PM is aware of this, the Oracles are telling them daily, but there has been no update to use (Oracdles or Community) since we've flagged them on this.

Hang in there.  I've been here since summer 2016.  It works for me, rarely have an issue that I can't figure out, or have assistance from the community.  Wait times just after I joined were weeks on end.  This is nothing compared to that time.

@AnonymousI do think PM is a buy in for people interested in the Telus network (NoFrills vs Real Canadian Super Store). Doing only the bare minimum of the wireless code and having all these pressure points, I am not sure people would stick with Telus but go over to Rogers or Bell. But most customers seem to just focus on the $ figure, heck not the final one even taxes, let alone customer service, so I guess Telus will be safe there let say 10k (rounded up from the CCTS annual report) of complaints a year out of a couple million of subscribers is still peanuts.

But on the bright side, if they didn't sunk in billions in Huawei equipment, they probably don't need to cut price to the bones in order to attract more customers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AE_Collector wrote:

The fact remains that PM chooses to lower costs in order to provide lower priced plans by limiting service to online only if tge community can’t solve the problem for you. This works for most customers but yes, problems can take a little bit to get resolved. Only solution if you can’t live with that is to check offerings from other providers. JMHO

< rant >

I find I kinda flip/flop on this. So say a company doesn't want to pay anybody anything. Then they need to provide a bullet-proof system that the customers can do everything they need on their own. All payment options work. All service changes work. Purchasing and use of add-ons work. Porting down to each specific carriers specific information requirements and not just fill in every field. Internal technical settings if there's a problem. Detailed instructions and how-to's on troubleshooting.

Keep the community to let more technically inclined people give a helping hand to the not so.

Oh...can't/won't do that? Then the moderators need to be able to respond to the queue FAR faster than they do until such time as they have a system where everything works as it should.

They need to spot trends of rising problems. They need to tell customers *at least* that yes we got your query.

I have not needed any technical help with 3 activations. But I understand there are many variables with computers, devices, OS's, browsers, settings in each, seemingly unrelated bits of software that might interfere with the process etc.

So no. I think these wait times show reckless disregard and disrespect for their customers money and time.

I still like how it all still works perfectly fine for me though. 🙂

< /rant >

It costs a couple cents more...but have a look at recharge.com. If that will work to get you going, then you can deal with the dud vouchers later. Dial 611 to apply them to your account.

BTW...where did you purchase your vouchers ?

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stemcell you said you received a reply within two days, that is within  pm's guidelines. 

@stemcell 

CCTS requires 30 days to resolve, 2 days is not a violation of code

The Federal laws also require subscribers to confirm thier identity so not much CCTS could possibly say

@stemcell wrote:

Since purchasing 3 x $5 vouchers that did not get accepted, I have heard back two days later , TO CONFIRM MY IDENTITY.  I’d think the service hacked that they had a human do that or it take so long to automatically do such.  Seeing Public Mobile certainly is not handling things like this problem many have had quickly , I will suggest they start offering the same plans as competitors very , very , very soon.  Seeing I have now had to pay instead of waiting , it means first thing Tuesday , I will have no choice but to go to the CCTS with a complaint as well. 

The fact remains that PM chooses to lower costs in order to provide lower priced plans by limiting service to online only if tge community can’t solve the problem for you. This works for most customers but yes, problems can take a little bit to get resolved. Only solution if you can’t live with that is to check offerings from other providers. JMHO

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry for your frustration but it is normal that they need to confirm your identity to proceed further to help you.

You said public mobile should offer plans like other competitors? So in essence you want them to offer expensive plans like other competitors and charge a lot more per month??? 

You are free to choose any cellular provider that you wish. If you contacted a moderator by private message and they responded to you, then it is important for you to reply to their message so you are helped accordingly.  If you need to contact them again, here is the link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

We hope that you will give them an opportunity to help you and resolve your problem.

stemcell

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stemcell wrote:

Let’s hope so but looks like I will either have to pay or have no phone or data for a few days. Geez.  And unlimited data elsewhere may cause this customer to go elsewhere 

You could also use those prepaid "credit" card gift cards. The Vanilla branded one works here. (not their sister brand MyVanilla)

stemcell

Let’s hope so but looks like I will either have to pay or have no phone or data for a few days. Geez.  And unlimited data elsewhere may cause this customer to go elsewhere 

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@stemcell Many people are reporting same  problem,Hopefully the Moderator get you back soon!

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've been seeing several reports of problems with the $5 voucher. Especially from Shoppers.

You could get vouchers elsewhere and online while you wait for them to fix these ones.

Hmm...theory...maybe the free $5 voucher that several people got has tripped up that value.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try adding them by calling 611.

Need Help? Let's chat.