cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

42 dollars from multiple topups sitting in account and zero service

Rphinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm getting absolutely fed up with PU. This is an ongoing issue and I've already messaged the moderator team and they have not replied. Why the heck is it taking so long to get a response and resolve this issue.

YOU HAVE MY MONEY!

USE IT TO REACTIVATE SERVICE. This shouldn't be friggin difficult.

@CS_Agent

10 REPLIES 10

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@Rphinn, adding the moderator team as message tags isn't going to speed things. As well, writing in all caps screaming at them doesn't help. I have been exactly where you been about a year ago, and one just has to wait patiently. But, try putting in useful tags so that one could keyword search it for future use too. 

It sounds obvious you have the funds (although, am not sure how much your plan is. You have $42, but if your plan is $60, well, your plan won't be activated due to lack of funds).

Top up your account with sufficient funds to cover the remaining amount owing. Since Public Mobile is a prepaid service, you need to have the funds available for the plan to fully take effect (did you change your plan?). If you only have partial funds in your account, or if you do not complete payment after changing your plan, you may be left with no or partial service. Public Mobile has introduced several warnings to ensure you don’t leave the page without topping up, but figured they should mention it here as well.

Note: If you have sufficient funds to cover your new plan, you won’t be taken to the payment menu.

What happens if I don’t take into account the above pointers? What should I do?

In this scenario, your account could still move from suspend to active, re-starting your plan cycle and potentially only reactivating a portion or none of your services.

If you find yourself in this situation, simply make a one-time payment from the “Payment” tab in Self-Serve and opt to pay the “Amount Due”. This will cover the new plan cost less any partial payment that was taken. After successful payment, your services should be fully reactivated.

Still having issues?

Did you, in fact, include this to the moderator:
Public Mobile Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue? 

If you haven't already, send a private message to the Moderator_Team with your account info and they will look into your account. If your services aren’t restored, please reach out to our Moderator Team ASAP and they will help get things sorted out. Normally, I would say don't send multiple messages, especially if you sent your message in the past 8 hours. They are closed for the night, and no moderator gets paid overtime, or they are fast asleep counting their sheep. Now, if you say, you tried contacting them three days ago, and still no contact from PM, then of course, I would say go ahead and send the messages! 

More info on contacting mods:

I am not a mod. Do not send me a private message with your personal info.

New Here? - Check out Knowledge Base Articles to learn more about Public Mobile.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Its an interesting thought, Hopefully PM will stepup before it comes to complaints.

TMS

It is worth a shot to definitely file a CCTS complaint. 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Murco I am wondering (thinking outloud) if customers could start filing CCTS compliants, especially if there is a consistent delay past the promiced max  48 hours reply time.

You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.

Not really sure if that would be the right route or a valid one, but I am sure others will comment.

TMS

@Murco wrote:

I agree.  But how do we get PM to hear us?  I have only been part of the community

for a short time and I see multiple upset customers every day. Like I said in my previous post someone needs to stand up and explain how they are going to correct the problem.

I am wondering if this planned to have some move up to Koodo. It then lightens the mods workload.  😞

Murco

I agree.  But how do we get PM to hear us?  I have only been part of the community

for a short time and I see multiple upset customers every day. Like I said in my previous post someone needs to stand up and explain how they are going to correct the problem.

@Murco wrote:

Sorry for your frustration.   This is becoming embarrasing for PM.   Whoever is in charge should stop step up and address the users as to how they are going to resolve these issues.

Its obvious that the current model is not meeting customers needs.

The online model is fine.  After the huge bow wave of issues from the 2016 fall promo, things were great in all of 2017 and early 2018.  It is recent times where it seems like the use of retail partners has picked up a lot more customers and along with it proportional customer support needs.  Public Mobile has not invested sufficiently in increasing the size of the support team.  If response times were in the order of a few hours like in was back in the day, I am sure there would be far less irrate customers complaining in the forums. 

Rphinn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks dunkman. i'll try some of your suggestions.

But I need a mod to respond to this travesty. 

@Rphinn

Unforutately, the moderator wait times are about 72+ hours.  

If you have enough funds, but your plan won't re-activate, you can try a few tricks as you wait for moderator.

1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login.  Report your phone found. Re-start phone

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance.  

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/SOLUTION-My-plan-has-enough-f...

These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account.  

Murco

Sorry for your frustration.   This is becoming embarrasing for PM.   Whoever is in charge should stop step up and address the users as to how they are going to resolve these issues.

Its obvious that the current model is not meeting customers needs.

Need Help? Let's chat.