cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts but charged 3 times per month

TRose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 accounts but I just noticed that each month I’m charged 3 times. Twice on one day and 1 time on the day before. Can anyone explain why? The guy who activated my plan had to do it twice. I’m wondering if that may be why?

38 REPLIES 38

@TRose wrote:

I have 2 accounts but I just noticed that each month I’m charged 3 times. Twice on one day and 1 time on the day before. Can anyone explain why? The guy who activated my plan had to do it twice. I’m wondering if that may be why?

Is there any chance that you had a renweal on March 25?  On this day, there was a problem with the renewal process on some accounts. This not only caused some renewals to not get processed until about 6 or 7pm (eastern time), but some customers were not charged the proper amounts during for autopay.  Public Mobile then had to go and charge the remainder of the plan fees the next day.

If the above scenario isn't the case, I do suspect the same as you that more than 2 accounts might have been opened.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@TRose wrote:

Yes I opened 2 new accounts in Dec. I was just looking at my CC statements online and I was charged 3 times in Feb and 3 times in March. 

What are the plans your have in your account?

What is the amount charged each time on your Feb and March cc statements?

Login to your account.  What are the amount charged to your accounts in Feb and March?

After we getting detailed information from you, we can recommend next action to take.

Welcome to PM.

@dabr 

Its almost like a ghost account has been created because the second activation using the same details "hides" access to the original account that did not get created correctly. Thus there are two legitimate plan charges on the account and the third for the "ghost account".

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TRose wrote:

Yes I opened 2 new accounts in Dec. I was just looking at my CC statements online and I was charged 3 times in Feb and 3 times in March. 

@TRose   That seems odd.  Did you purchase any add-ons?  Are all the charges for the same amount (ie: the plan cost)?

Can you log into your self serve account and see if there's a balance equivalent to the extra charges sitting in the account.  If there is then that will (or should) be used to pay the next  payment cycle instead of debiting your CC.

@TRose 

You will have to contact the moderators to straighten this out if these charges are posted to your credit card account. You should check your payment history in your account to see if it is showing double or triple charges. You may want to call your credit card company to get the transaction #'s for both the retailer that activated plan(s) and for the subsequent public mobile charges. 

Sometimes an activation creates an incomplete account that doesn't appear to have been created on the user end but checking to see if the plan amount has been charged to the card will indicate it indeed has and usually putting the sim card in the phone will show service. Normally you would (or the salesperson)would contact pm/the moderators to help complete the account creation. By redoing the activation the salesperson created a second account thus the extra charges on your credit card.

The moderators will be able to sort it out and either issue a refund ( takes up to 30 days) or credit your account to use for your next renewal. Contact the moderators by clicking on the chat bubble at the bottom right corner of your screen. Type in account specific issue and human and follow the prompts to submit your service request ticket.

You can also send a private message if you prefer but wait times can be slower by that method. 

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for not urgent issues. Wait times have improved and are generally about one hour currently.

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

TRose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TRose wrote:

@TRose ,

So you activated in store, it sounds. When you say the guy "had to do it twice", it makes me think he created 2 accounts?

Did you register for a Self Serve account, you do that here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

If logging into your Self Serve account does not explain anything. And these are definitely approved purchases charges on your credit card account, then contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team to inquire about the charges. - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TRose wrote:

@TRose   Where do you see these charges...on the CC or your self serve account?  How many times has this happened?

Edit:  @TRose   If these charges appear on your online CC account, then they may just be pending charges that sometimes appear twice and will get corrected over the next day or two.

Need Help? Let's chat.