cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts but charged 3 times per month

TRose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 2 accounts but I just noticed that each month I’m charged 3 times. Twice on one day and 1 time on the day before. Can anyone explain why? The guy who activated my plan had to do it twice. I’m wondering if that may be why?

38 REPLIES 38

@TRose 

Thanks for continuing to update...we are curious cats!

TRose

@softech I don’t blame. I told the situation as it happened.

@TRose  I had the same experience with creating an extra account but don't blame the Kiosk staff.  At least for myself, the activation process timeout and didn't return success activation.   Naturally everyone would have thought the account was not activated.

PM, being an online only provider,  really needs to look into this activation timeout issue.

TRose

No I actually only supplied one email address. I then created my 2 self serve accounts online myself with two different email addresses. I would never have known about the 3rd account if I hadn’t been checking my visa statement.

The sales said the first SIM he tried wasn’t working and he actually chucked the SIM as far as I know. 

Check your CC statements peeps!

Sure, @darlicious 

Thanks for clearing that up.

@HALIMACS 

Lol....it was asked and not answered probably because its already answered by omission.🤔

Forget it.

Sorry I asked, @darlicious 

EDIT:  Forgot the emoji --- 🙄

@HALIMACS 

Why would they be asked for a third address when neither the OP or the salesperson thought the original account was created?

@darlicious 

Thanks - I did read the thread.  

I was just curious if the OP may have been asked for a third email address.

That's all. 😁 

@HALIMACS 

If you reread the thread....this does happen when an account does not properly activate and another account is created successfully in short succession effectively "hiding" the incomplete account. The only real evidence of its existence is the extra credit card charges. If an account is created properly and access to self serve account is unfettered then an email cannot be reused. But if the email doesn't register correctly for the self serve account it can be "reused" and cutting off any access to the incomplete original self serve account.

@TRose 

That is curious - did you have to supply them three different email addresses during that time at the kiosk?

I'm asking because there's supposed to be no way to associate more than one account per email address and if three accounts were created - they would have needed to have received three separate email addresses from you. 

Do you recall supplying three separate ones?

TRose

No charge in January because the promotion at the time was get your second month free. 

@TRose 

I'm glad to hear you finally got sorted out!

@dabr 

The mystery ghost account.....the salesperson probably tossed the original activated sim card in the trash!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TRose   Thanks for the update, so @darlicious  suggestion about a possible third account being inadvertently created was correct. 

Anyhow, happy to hear it's all sorted! 😊

@TRose wrote:

Just an update. Moderators were finally able to get to the bottom of this. There was a 3rd account created in error by a kiosk sales staff. The sales staff did not think a SIM card activated but it did. It was actually assigned a phone number and all and I had paid for it for 2 months.

All fixed and credited to my account.  

Thanks for your input and helping me try to figure it out. 

@TRose thank you for letting us know.  Always good to know that a fellow customer's issue/problem is resolved (in your case finally!)  Yay!

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

TRose

Just an update. Moderators were finally able to get to the bottom of this. There was a 3rd account created in error by a kiosk sales staff. The sales staff did not think a SIM card activated but it did. It was actually assigned a phone number and all and I had paid for it for 2 months.

All fixed and credited to my account.  

Thanks for your input and helping me try to figure it out. 

TRose

A moderator is looking into this for me now but I appreciate everyone’s suggestions and help. 

@TRose 

Thanks for the update. Now that you have a better idea of how this could have occurred and help the moderator understand it as well they can investigate it further. It probably relates to why the one account didn't get credited the 30 day promo so as @dabr mentioned you can inquire about having it added to your account once they get to the bottom of the extra charges by tracing the transaction #'s. It may take a few days to sort out.

@TRose wrote:

Yes thanks. Recognized that but they still aren’t adding up. I have the 1 gig accounts so they should be 23 and tax I would think after my auto top up. I understand that may not be charged that way pending the $2 credits but I’m being charged 3 separate transactions. On another note.One account shows me 2nd month free but not the other account which was set up the same day. 

Hi @TRose sorry to hear that you experiencing issues on charges in your accounts.  

If you haven't contacted the Moderator_Team to fix this for you, do it now.  Expect a reply within 2-48 hrs (faster response these days).  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up... that would be the moderator's reply.

Please keep us posted.  thanks in advance

RosieR

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TRose wrote:

Yes thanks. Recognized that but they still aren’t adding up. I have the 1 gig accounts so they should be 23 and tax I would think after my auto top up. I understand that may not be charged that way pending the $2 credits but I’m being charged 3 separate transactions. On another note.One account shows me 2nd month free but not the other account which was set up the same day. 

@TRose   Yes you're right you will be billed $23 + tax on your CC with the autopay discount deducted from your plan cost. 

As to not getting the second month free on the second account, it sounds like another issue for the moderators to fix.  Make sure they are aware of that issue too once they've resolved the extra charges on your CC.  It would seem your billings/accounts are kinda of messed up and it might take them a few days to get to the bottom of it all.

Please keep us posted once it's all been sorted and good luck!

TRose

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@TRose wrote:

No resolution yet. The transactions in my self serve accounts do not match my visa charges. Moderator replied and advised what charges were made on one of my accounts. I tried to explain further and send a screen shot of my visa charges so hopefully they can investigate further. Thanks for the scenarios. 

@TRose   Thanks for the update.  Just FYI, in case you're not aware, the charges in your account are net of taxes and what you get charged on the CC will include the GST/HST applicable for your province.

TRose

No resolution yet. The transactions in my self serve accounts do not match my visa charges. Moderator replied and advised what charges were made on one of my accounts. I tried to explain further and send a screen shot of my visa charges so hopefully they can investigate further. Thanks for the scenarios. 

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Well the question isn't about logging in but if the retailer created two different accounts using the same email and discarded or set aside the first sim card because of the sim card in use message (for an account already created or a 50 min session lock) then as shown in the past when the email is used to create two accounts there is no access to one of them except by the moderators. Does that make sense?

@darlicious   I see where you are going with that line of thought, so yes I guess it's possible.  I'm really hoping OP gets back to update their thread eventually so we know exactly what happened.

@dabr 

Well the question isn't about logging in but if the retailer created two different accounts using the same email and discarded or set aside the first sim card because of the sim card in use message (for an account already created or a 50 min session lock) then as shown in the past when the email is used to create two accounts there is no access to one of them except by the moderators. Does that make sense?

Edit: The retailer created 3 account thus 3 charges but unbeknownst to the retailer and the OP who both thought only 2 accounts were created each with separate emails. The only evidence of the two accounts on the same email is the extra plan charge on the credit card.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

I'm assuming there is a double charge from the retailer for the original activation.

Here is an example of what I am referring to....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/HELP-Used-the-same-email-address-f...

@darlicious   Sorry but I maybe misunderstanding between OP's issue and your link which seems to be about a customer who used the same email to activate two different accounts and then subsequently was unable to log into the second account.  I have seen that particular issue posted a few times even though it should not be possible to activate another account with an email already in use. 

My interpretation of OP's issue is that they're being charged for 3 accounts although they only activated 2 accounts back in December last year.  I'm not sure if anything was mentioned that they are unable to login into the two accounts because of one email address being used for both, though it's possible I might have missed something in OP's posts.

@dabr 

I'm assuming there is a double charge from the retailer for the original activation.

Here is an example of what I am referring to....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/HELP-Used-the-same-email-address-f...

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

Its almost like a ghost account has been created because the second activation using the same details "hides" access to the original account that did not get created correctly. Thus there are two legitimate plan charges on the account and the third for the "ghost account".

@darlicious   Hmm...I guess that is possible although I've never heard/know of that happening before.  Hopefully, OP has got some response back from moderators by now and will update their thread as to what happened. 

Also, I'm wondering what was charged in January as OP has only mentioned an extra charge in February and March.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Well that certainly sounds wrong, @TRose 

Out of curiosity, when you activated, do you recall supplying more than 2 e-mail addresses - they should have only needed 2, however if they asked for a 3rd, that's a signal they may have aborted one activation attempt and attempted with a 3rd.

Can you advise of the 3 individual amounts, and the associated dates, charged in February and in March?  

Also, can you indicate which Plan is in effect for each of the 2 accounts?

Can you also log into each account's self-serve and advise what the "Available Funds" display as for each account?

@TRose wrote:

Yes I opened 2 new accounts in Dec. I was just looking at my CC statements online and I was charged 3 times in Feb and 3 times in March. 

@TRose Okay, yes, 2 were intentional. So a 3rd created in error, perhaps?

Moderators will need to investigate, I believe. Hopefully you hear back soon and get this sorted out.

If this was a 3rd account created in error, ask the Moderators to put that balance paid towards one of the 2 accounts that you did mean to create...never hurts to ask!

Good luck.

Need Help? Let's chat.