cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Cards Have Rejected Public Mobile Payment, So I called One Of Them...?

letscancelwinte
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! The card that I have been using to prepay PM all along now keeps declining the payment. Since I have another one now, I tried it, and was rejected by it also. I have just spent a lot of time with the card company, and I may have found the problem. The name and address on the PM profile must be entered EXACTLY like it is registered with the card company. Okay that's logical! So while on the line with the card company, I entered all the information into my PM profile as the card company gave it to me a little bit at a time, and tried to pay again, but was again declined. They then told me that everything had worked except the postal code. They had a space in the middle of the code, but PM won't allow me to put a space in it, ie all six characters in the code have to be bunched together for PM to accept it! Also, a while back the first card company said that the postal code was a problem with them too! Hahaha so now I'm wondering how many computer programmers and how long it is going to take to get PM to allow a space in the postal code!!!

20 REPLIES 20

@Pawprints1986  Once its registered for auto pay you're fine. But it's recommended to top up manually just before renewal...take a screenshot of your payment history and your overview page. And do that again after renewal...for record keeping and proof of any errors that may happen. Better safe than sorry!

Pawprints1986
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hmm I was thinking since my card took my initial purchase that I'd be good to go, but I guess maybe not? I'll have to keep an eye on it it seems !

Canlan54a
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes I agree...doubt very much they will ever correct it. Uncovered the exact same issue with my telus (PM s parent) account some years back, and as far as I know it hadn't been corrected as of a couple of years back when I left them.

@computergeek541  I can often get it because the way everyone including myself say and write our address compared to how the post office or the city looks at it officially.

I would say or write: 123 west 1st avenue, Vancouver,  B.C.     but the official address......

Is written like this  :   123 1st avenue W, Vancouver, B.C.   correct but difficult to say.......

@popping wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@letscancelwinte   BINGO!   Tell me you have a full card when you get back.

Also postal code field: leave the space in the middle, left the last digit out.

PM server check the first 6 characters of the postal code only and including the middle space.

I would say that this is something about how strict the payment processor and the card issuer are when it comes to approving transactions.  On my statements, the space is there, as it it should be on all statements as per Canada Post mailing/addressing guidelines. However, for payments, I can't recall a website that has ever wanted the space typed in. 

As for addresses needing to match exactly, that also has not been my experience.  I've put in Etobicoke or Toronto and it has never made any difference for the few Visa and Mastercards that I've had with both TD and Royal Bank. Casing of letters has also never mattered for me.  I've also done transactions while either including or excluding my middle name. This has also never made a difference. 

I'm not saying that these aren't possibilities, only that I've never had an online transaction fail because of the billing addresss.

letscancelwinte

@letscancelwinte 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement

It does, thanks!

letscancelwinte

Ok I will reboot my device as well. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Also postal code field: leave the space in the middle, left the last digit out.

PM server check the first 6 characters of the postal code only and including the middle space.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@letscancelwinte 

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

letscancelwinte

Yes it is ALL CAPS on my statement!

@letscancelwinte  That might be the last piece to the puzzle.....rebooting the device you are using can be helpful too.

letscancelwinte

Okay, only one tab. When I called the card company, they told me to try all caps. Not sure if the statement does. I will look. 

@letscancelwinte  Along with making sure you have a clear browser, only one tab open in secret/incognito mode using firefox, chrome or safari.....does your statement billing address use ALL CAPS?

letscancelwinte

@CannonFodder. Leaving the space didn't work either! 

So why does this have to be so difficult?!? Is it so any crooks would give up and move on?! Hahaha

letscancelwinte

@CannonFodder. I will try with a space and leave the last letter out. Thanks!

letscancelwinte

Yes I did. I live in the country! And yes, I entered the postal code without a blank, as I had no choice. Okay, I will wait and try again the way you are telling me to. Thanks

letscancelwinte
  • Yes that seems to be the case sometimes, but not here. The card company wants me to contact PM about it. 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@letscancelwinte Did you leave the apt number field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.  Enter your postal code without spaces? Waited 50 minutes from last attempt, clear your browser history, go to private/ incognito mode and tried again?

Then contact a moderator and ask them to enter it for you. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket).

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen. The mods answer will show up there.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@letscancelwinte  While our Canadian postal code officially has a space in between the two sets of number/letters, I'm fairly sure any online setup I've done, whether it's a credit card, or simply a "ship to" address, has always been a case of omitting the space..... it's pretty rare, if ever, that I've input my postal code with a space in it.

ISTR some folks here mentioning, that if the space in the middle is an issue, type in the postal code as you normally would, including the space, but leave the last letter out, and try that.

Need Help? Let's chat.