cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan till bonuses used up?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello lovely people,

Does the free 1,000 CAN LD minutes also count for local calls?

Also, can you think of any reason why I shouldn't switch to $15 plan until my bonus minutes/data is used up?

Screenshot_20201222-232157.png

Screenshot_20201222-232311.png

59 REPLIES 59

rossputin

Doh.  Already have prepaid.

Thanks anyway.

@rossputin 

A whole lotta worrying for nothing now....and an extra $10 out of your pocket this month. Here's how to recover that $10 + $10 and change and stock the top of your fridge with some free cereal.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/The-Lounge/Register-for-autopay-w-a-Kelloggs-visa-gif...

rossputin

@darlicious 

Brilliant quote/lyric!

BUTT (pun intended), it seems the plans will remain (announced today), so I can still revert to a cheaper plan till bonuses used up!!

PM for the win!!

@rossputin 

There's a line from a Butthole Surfers ( this might get *bleeped*) song that comes to mind...

"Well son, it's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done...."

Edit: or not....you learn something new everyday. You just can't throw out a ball of frozen white flakes. Go figure?!!

rossputin

Lol

Ya.  Kinda regret it now.

@rossputin 

Ahh...so you chickened out in the end?😉 Nothing wrong with playing better safe than sorry!

rossputin

The $40 plan went through as scheduled.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : Yeah...well?? So did you have a plan change scheduled? Did you remove it? What has you thinking it's going to end tonight? No one knows.

I went in to Change Plan and they're all there.

rossputin

Did you all have a pool on my decision? 😆

Well, at 9:11 pm I'm guessing I'm too late anyway.

But heck, saved $50 the past 2 X 30 days.

Big thanks to all helping/participating.

rossputin

🤔 starting to second guess myself now for the 64 minutes remaining in the promo. 🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : Did you schedule a plan change? If so, you should be fine to remove it, keep the $15 plan and then re-schedule after noon ET tomorrow. It's very rare that the company just stops a promo. _Usually_ they would say when the deal expires. But it's still Russian Roulette. 🙂

Edit: and yes...heed prairiedogbobs words.

prairiedogbob
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rossputin 

You should be able to change your plan up until 9:00 p.m. pst. but I wouldn't wait much longer.

rossputin

Plan expired?  8:18 PST.  Did I miss the window?

Screenshot_20210317-201702.png

@rossputin 

I can't confirm the time you can schedule the plan change back it would likely be after 2 am est.

@rossputin 

If you mean schedule a plan change on next renewal almost at the last minute wait for your renewal to complete ( by having the funds already in your account to complete the process faster than relying on autopay) then once your account successfully renews then schedule another plan change to occur on your next renewal back to the $40 canada wide plan before any changes by pm to implement the imminent $5 increase....then yes. It has also been confirmed that you will keep your data add on promo bonuses as well.

rossputin

okay doke.  My renewal date is the 18th.  I still have a a bunch of bonus data remaining so partial to trying to do this one more month, however i see the $15 plan has changed to BC minutes.  that's okay.

But to confirm my understanding, on the 17th I can temporarily change my plan BACK to the $15 BC plan, then on the 18th (12:01 am?) change it back to the $40 plan (assuming the "promo" hasn't changed) so I am all set for the April 17 renewal?

How fun is this.  PM Russian Roulette.😆

PM.JPG

@rossputin 

It should be do-able just watch for your renewal to complete then go in and schedule your plan change.

rossputin

@darlicious 

My hope is the $15 will still be available the 18th, switch over to it to use my bonus minutes further.  Got tonnes left.

Then immediately after switch to the $40 again in anticipation of the price increase.

Pink17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes!  I did this and I am on my third 15$ month and still have Bonus Data and Bonus Minutes to fall back on!  Hustle it's worth it!

@rossputin wrote:

@esjliv (& @HALIMACS )

Not sure what you are asking but see "My Plan" Vs "Future Dated Plan Changes", below.

Screenshot_20210225-224002.png

Screenshot_20210225-224100.png

Hi @rossputin , If you want to change to the $40 Canada-Wide Plan, and it looks like you are all set up to get it on March 18/21, then I would suggest keeping all relevant screen shots showing this.

I hope all goes well, but if something does not renew as you expect, send those screen shots to the moderators.

Good luck!

@rossputin 

Hmmmm...I don't know if its unlucky or not but your renewal occurs on day 30 of the announced plan changes.....the speculative date of the LTO ending. There's some risk involved in cancelling the change to the $40 plan then rescheduling it immediately after renewal. Mind you I've never seen pm end an offer in the middle of the night but they made the plan changes then......

I wonder if the work around on this would be to renew your plan a day early and reschedule the change to the $40 plan again immediately after that?

rossputin

@esjliv (& @HALIMACS )

Not sure what you are asking but see "My Plan" Vs "Future Dated Plan Changes", below.

Screenshot_20210225-224002.png

Screenshot_20210225-224100.png

@esjliv 

Unless of course it inexplicably cancels the change as @treefrog has reported then it looks like your SOL. 

On another note I see they fixed the wording of the $15 plan in your self serve to only include 250mb of data now.

@treefrog wrote:

@esjliv @kb_mv 

The $15 Canada wide calling plan went by the wayside at exactly 9 p.m. PT on February 15th for those of us on the West Coast or February 16th for those of you in the Eastern time zone at the stroke of midnight. It was still listed on the plans page until about 6am eastern but the change was made in your self serve account so it was no longer accessible to change to. I discovered this by finding out that my scheduled plan change had cancelled itself so I was no longer able to get the plan I scheduled for and despite pleas to the moderators and Catherine they are unable to change your plan to the Canada wide $15 calling plan unless it is still scheduled in your account. I was able to negotiate one $5/500 minutes add on to make up for the loss of the plan I wanted. That's all she wrote folks!

@treefrog @kb_mv , yes, i noticed the $15 Canada-wide not available on each $15 and $25 self serve accounts.

I guess what Catherine_T posted on the Announcement

"All customers’ plans will be grandfathered, including those who had scheduled rate plan changes before this update."

rings true:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/New-Province-Wide-Calling-Plans-Limited... 

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@esjliv @kb_mv 

The $15 Canada wide calling plan went by the wayside at exactly 9 p.m. PT on February 15th for those of us on the West Coast or February 16th for those of you in the Eastern time zone at the stroke of midnight. It was still listed on the plans page until about 6am eastern but the change was made in your self serve account so it was no longer accessible to change to. I discovered this by finding out that my scheduled plan change had cancelled itself so I was no longer able to get the plan I scheduled for and despite pleas to the moderators and Catherine they are unable to change your plan to the Canada wide $15 calling plan unless it is still scheduled in your account. I was able to negotiate one $5/500 minutes add on to make up for the loss of the plan I wanted. That's all she wrote folks!

@rossputin wrote:

@HALIMACS 

done (switched).  Thanks for the tip.

Is there a consensus on when the price increased will take place?

Glad I could be of some assistance.   I have a scheduled plan change to occur as well (which we'll get regardless of when the price increase takes effect and the Limited Time Offer is withdrawn)

Public Mobile hasn't announced the sunset date on the LTO.   If I were a betting person, I'd say either March 1, or possibly 30 days following the initial announcement.

@esjliv wrote:

@rossputin - were you able to change your plan on next renewal to $15 Canada-wide calling or just you just take he Provincial-wide calling?

I do not have the $15 Canada-wide available as an option any longer:

@esjliv I don't have the $15 Canada wide plan showing either but I assumed it was because I am already on it.

@rossputin wrote:

@HALIMACS 

@rossputin - were you able to change your plan on next renewal to $15 Canada-wide calling or just you just take he Provincial-wide calling?

I do not have the $15 Canada-wide available as an option any longer:

esjliv_0-1614251537586.png

rossputin

@HALIMACS 

Need Help? Let's chat.