cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

$15 plan till bonuses used up?

Hello lovely people,

Does the free 1,000 CAN LD minutes also count for local calls?

Also, can you think of any reason why I shouldn't switch to $15 plan until my bonus minutes/data is used up?

Screenshot_20201222-232157.png

Screenshot_20201222-232311.png

Accepted Solutions
Mayor / Maire

Re: $15 plan till bonuses used up?

@rossputin....

I did exactly what you are asking about. I had lots of Holiday minutes and Gift data that was provided FREE over the last 2 winters.My old plan was the $25 plan so the free minutes never got used.

I switched to the $15 plan in October 2020 and am still using free minutes.

Just be aware that whichever plan you currently have, might not be available when you want it back. Keep an eye on the Announcement  Board to keep abreast of plans available.

Happy Holidays 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rossputin The 1000 minute Canadian LD can be used for regular calls on $15 plan after you run out of the 100 minutes. You'll have less data and won't have the add-on for later it you use then. The plans could change or increase in price and you have to choose a current plan when switching again.

For clarity I can transfer the bonuses to the $15 plan, right?

Mayor / Maire

Hello @rossputin ,

The 2 addons you have at the bottom:

• 1000 minutes
  • 5GB

Were those given as part of an activation with Public Mobile? If so they may be connected to the current plan you are on? Therefore, they may be lost if you change plans. It really depends on the terms and conditions in which you receive them.

If they were purchased by you, then you will keep them if you change plans.

If they were provided by PM as a bonus somewhere along the way after you activated then I would say you would keep them if you change plans also.

To be sure, maybe check in with the moderators. 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @rossputin 

If you are currently on a grandfathered plan with Public Mobile which you don't want to lose, I would caution switching to the $15 plan as you won't be able to switch back.

If not, and the 1000 minutes were gifted during your service (and not part of an activation promo to get you to switch to Public Mobile), then YES you can switch to the $15 plan and those freebies added along the way will flow through.

Mayor / Maire

@rossputin....

I did exactly what you are asking about. I had lots of Holiday minutes and Gift data that was provided FREE over the last 2 winters.My old plan was the $25 plan so the free minutes never got used.

I switched to the $15 plan in October 2020 and am still using free minutes.

Just be aware that whichever plan you currently have, might not be available when you want it back. Keep an eye on the Announcement  Board to keep abreast of plans available.

Happy Holidays 

View solution in original post

If they were provided by PM as a bonus somewhere along the way after you activated 

The above is exactly what it was.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rossputin 

It seems like you could switch to the $15 plan and keep the holiday bonus data and minutes. I noticed you're not receiving an autopay reward $2 (monthly) for adding a credit card to your account. You can still continue to pay with vouchers etc with autopay on. If you're aware and choose not to add autopay, please ignore my message. Enjoy the holidays, take care!

Good to know thank you.

I'm guessing I can't switch till next cycle?

Also, (sorry, as I'm sure the answer is already here somewhere), I'm guessing I can apply any amount as payment when paying via credit card?

Mayor / Maire

@rossputin : You _could_ do an immediate plan change but there aren't any refunds or pro-rating here so you'd be wasting money. Depends on your needs though.

Yes, you can make any kind of even dollar payment using a registered credit card in the self-serve. You can also use the 611 service to make payments with a pre-registered payment card but only a selection of preset amounts.

Need Help? Let's chat.