cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 plan till bonuses used up?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello lovely people,

Does the free 1,000 CAN LD minutes also count for local calls?

Also, can you think of any reason why I shouldn't switch to $15 plan until my bonus minutes/data is used up?

Screenshot_20201222-232157.png

Screenshot_20201222-232311.png

59 REPLIES 59

@LitlLdy 

When is your renewal? The reason for wanting the $25 plan? Data? Calling?

Edit: BTW...nice to hear from you!

@darlicious

Hi, I am still on the $15 plan with lots of bonus minutes and lots of bonus data that I was hoping to use up but no way of knowing when the “Limited Time Offer” will end to switch to the $25 plan in time! This sucks all the way around.

@HALIMACS 

You can cancel a scheduled plan change anytime up until renewal so you could comfortably cancel it 3 hours before renewal and reschedule it first thing in the morning. I would be mindful of a scheduled plan change while in self suspension as there have been a couple of reported accidental cancellations.

rossputin

@HALIMACS 

You are correct in your first paragraph.

And terrific advice. Thank you.

@rossputin wrote:

So with the recent announcement of the $5 increase with plans, should I sign up now for my old plan?  And can I simply schedule it on my renew date, grandfathering at $40?

@rossputin 

I believe you WERE on the $40 and you switched back to $15 awhile back, is that correct?

If so, and you wish to revert back to the $40 plan, then YES, make the scheduled change for the next renewal ASAP.   And, YES, you will get it on the renewal even if the Limited Time Offer isn't in effect at the time of your next renewal.

Some people with a scheduled plan change are planning on going in a day or two before their renewal, and if the Limited Time Offer is still in effect, are canceling the scheduled plan change, then hoping to reschedule it again after their renewal.   It's a gamble, but might buy you another cycle at $15.

You're gamble to take.   Good luck!!!

@rossputin wrote:

So with the recent announcement of the $5 increase with plans, should I sign up now for my old plan?  And can I simply schedule it on my renew date, grandfathering at $40?

If you are currently on the $40 Canada Wide plan you do not have to do anything since it is grandfathered.

rossputin

mm80
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rossputin You can do immediate plan change from the $15 plan but if you need more outgoing minutes, 500 minutes is only $5 for an add-on. If you run out if minutes and data, I would do an immediate change to at least the $25 plan.

rossputin

Yes, but if I use up all the data/minutes (including bonus), then wouldn't I simply select a new plan on that day?

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rossputin wrote:

I've had a thought.  Is there any reason I can't use up all minutes and data till zero, then start a new plan on (presumably) a new date?

@rossputin your 15 dollar plan needs to be active or you can't use up add ons 

@rossputin wrote:

I've had a thought.  Is there any reason I can't use up all minutes and data till zero, then start a new plan on (presumably) a new date?

@rossputin I have both my plans on the $15/month for this very reason, to use up some bonus minutes and data. Not working very well as we barely use what's included in the $15 plan lol.

Edit: Just to confirm, you do need an active plan (ie: the $15/month) to use any of the bonus stuff.

rossputin

@rossputin 

Data is updated twice daily in approximately 12 hour blocks. You have at least one more update that will account for the difference in usage.

rossputin

My renewal date was the 17th.  Is this what you mean (sorted by data)?

Doesn't add to 250 MB but close enough.

Screenshot_20210120-232418.png

@rossputin wrote:
Spoiler
So I've done the change.  The bonuses appear as anticipated, but I'm not seeing the 250 MB included with AutoPay.  Shouldn't I be?

Screenshot_20210120-221854.png

Screenshot_20210120-221924.png

Look at usage history in self service and see if it is used up. 250 MB is not a lot. Renewals are done in eastern time so if you live out west....the renewal is much earlier and you might have used this data up earlier than you thought. If the 250 MB is not listed, it means it has been used up.

rossputin
Spoiler
So I've done the change.  The bonuses appear as anticipated, but I'm not seeing the 250 MB included with AutoPay.  Shouldn't I be?

Screenshot_20210120-221854.png

Screenshot_20210120-221924.png

mm80

@andlock wrote:

I am changing my 15 dollar plan and going to the 35 plan. It looks like I may not get to keep some of extra time or the data and add on, that has been added over time especially the 400 and 500 US and CA time. That would be sad, I hope to at least get those. I tried to get it changed at my Dec pay date but must have not completed it so changed plan at now button later on. 

You won't lost them. Schedule the plan change so it happens during renewal.

andlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am changing my 15 dollar plan and going to the 35 plan. It looks like I may not get to keep some of extra time or the data and add on, that has been added over time especially the 400 and 500 US and CA time. That would be sad, I hope to at least get those. I tried to get it changed at my Dec pay date but must have not completed it so changed plan at now button later on. 

@rossputin wrote:

Can I change plans in advance?  Meaning, change/pay now but take effect later?

That's actually usually the prefered way.  The two options are to have the change to take effect immediately and the other option is to tell the system to process the change at the time of your next renewal. Renewing immediately would result in the loss of money paid and time remaining from the original plan.

rossputin

Can I change plans in advance?  Meaning, change/pay now but take effect later?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rossputin : You _could_ do an immediate plan change but there aren't any refunds or pro-rating here so you'd be wasting money. Depends on your needs though.

Yes, you can make any kind of even dollar payment using a registered credit card in the self-serve. You can also use the 611 service to make payments with a pre-registered payment card but only a selection of preset amounts.

rossputin

Good to know thank you.

I'm guessing I can't switch till next cycle?

Also, (sorry, as I'm sure the answer is already here somewhere), I'm guessing I can apply any amount as payment when paying via credit card?

pmmobile

@rossputin 

It seems like you could switch to the $15 plan and keep the holiday bonus data and minutes. I noticed you're not receiving an autopay reward $2 (monthly) for adding a credit card to your account. You can still continue to pay with vouchers etc with autopay on. If you're aware and choose not to add autopay, please ignore my message. Enjoy the holidays, take care!

rossputin

If they were provided by PM as a bonus somewhere along the way after you activated 

The above is exactly what it was.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@rossputin....

I did exactly what you are asking about. I had lots of Holiday minutes and Gift data that was provided FREE over the last 2 winters.My old plan was the $25 plan so the free minutes never got used.

I switched to the $15 plan in October 2020 and am still using free minutes.

Just be aware that whichever plan you currently have, might not be available when you want it back. Keep an eye on the Announcement  Board to keep abreast of plans available.

Happy Holidays 

Hi @rossputin 

If you are currently on a grandfathered plan with Public Mobile which you don't want to lose, I would caution switching to the $15 plan as you won't be able to switch back.

If not, and the 1000 minutes were gifted during your service (and not part of an activation promo to get you to switch to Public Mobile), then YES you can switch to the $15 plan and those freebies added along the way will flow through.

Hello @rossputin ,

The 2 addons you have at the bottom:

• 1000 minutes
  • 5GB

Were those given as part of an activation with Public Mobile? If so they may be connected to the current plan you are on? Therefore, they may be lost if you change plans. It really depends on the terms and conditions in which you receive them.

If they were purchased by you, then you will keep them if you change plans.

If they were provided by PM as a bonus somewhere along the way after you activated then I would say you would keep them if you change plans also.

To be sure, maybe check in with the moderators. 

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators(PM Customer Service Representatives)

rossputin

For clarity I can transfer the bonuses to the $15 plan, right?

mm80

@rossputin The 1000 minute Canadian LD can be used for regular calls on $15 plan after you run out of the 100 minutes. You'll have less data and won't have the add-on for later it you use then. The plans could change or increase in price and you have to choose a current plan when switching again.

Need Help? Let's chat.