cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 savings for 8 months

1dan1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I'm new here. Just purchased and registered my sim card today.

I registered for the $40/month plan. In which it says:

"$10 off for 8 months... Offer expires February 3, 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who activate online and in-store...Activate on a plan $35/mo or more and receive $10 off for 8 months. Credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans. Please note, the first credit will be applied within 30 days of activation, the remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date."

This all seems fine to me and makes sense, however I do not see any discounts in my rewards area other than the $2 discount for autopay. Since this offer ends tomorrow (Feb 3, 2020) I just want to be totally sure I'm not missing anything here to ensure I can take advantage of this discount. The text I quoted above makes it sound like I just need to wait a few days and it should automatically be added to my account, is that correct? I bought the sim card in Walmart and the salesman registered it in-store for me. 

Let me know, thanks guys and gals.

8 REPLIES 8

@CannonFodder wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

@1dan1 wrote:

Perfect, thank you. I love this place so far. What a great idea this is rather than calling into a customer service line

Faster than listening to elevator music on hold waiting for a rep to answer 😂😂

HEY @Jb456  you are apparently unaware that I have copyrights on that line! 😡  😉  My lawyer will be contacting you soon, with the details of the impending lawsuit coming your way! 🤣 

😂😂 @CannonFodder  He can reach me at 1-855-4PUBLIC 😝

@Jb456 wrote:

@1dan1 wrote:

Perfect, thank you. I love this place so far. What a great idea this is rather than calling into a customer service line

HEY @Jb456  you are apparently unaware that I have copyrights on that line! 😡  😉  My lawyer will be contacting you soon, with the details of the impending lawsuit coming your way! 🤣 

@1dan1 wrote:

Yeah, in spite of receiving responses, via the forums, in a quite quick fashion, unfortunately, some folks just can't wrap their heads around the concept of online support vs. a phone number to call. When you think about it, in some circumstances, the online support could possibly be much better.... for instance, what if your cell phone service quits working, and you need to call a support line, but your phone doesn't work, and you don't have another phone to use for that call, but you DO have a computer, a tablet, or whatever device, that you can go online and come to the forums for help, and/or contact a Moderator with.... sounds like a nice option to have.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@1dan1 wrote:

1dan1

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@1dan1 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. So it looks like I just need to wait a few days or weeks and it should be done for me automatically, correct?

Normally I wouldn't be so impatient about an issue like this but the fact that the promotion is ending tomorrow is what has got me to be proactive about this, lol.

Within 30 days it will be credited to your account balance.

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

1dan1

Thanks for the quick response. So it looks like I just need to wait a few days or weeks and it should be done for me automatically, correct?

Normally I wouldn't be so impatient about an issue like this but the fact that the promotion is ending tomorrow is what has got me to be proactive about this, lol.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Within 30 days

• Eligible customers will receive a credit for months 2-9, then resume paying full price from month 10 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.
Need Help? Let's chat.