cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10 savings for 6 months on plans with $30/m+

apakorn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10off-6months

wonder if this promo is only for new customer? or I can apply it to myself since im payinr $40/mo 

thx

11 REPLIES 11

JeffreyB

Update for wrong number transferred:
Was able to go in to my account and change/resubmit my existing number. It just worked! 
Haha, I'm just not used to that given my previous carriers - SWEET!

JeffreyB

Thanks wetcoaster, good to know.

Sadly, the number assigned to me is not the number I asked to transfer!!  It seems to be a mashup of my requested number and the backup number.
Where can I get this fixed up? I think it probably means the transfer request has not gone through either...

@JeffreyB wrote:

I am a new member but the discount is not showing at all on my first invoice.

Did not see a choice for the discount opt-in. Will it show as credit on months 2-7?

@JeffreyB

- you have to sign up online, at home for this one and

- the plan you signed up for must be $30 or higher

As outlined in the announcement: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-... if you are eligible, the first

credit to your available funds (to be applied to your next renewal) will be applied to your account within 30 days of signing up.

JeffreyB

I am a new member but the discount is not showing at all on my first invoice.

Did not see a choice for the discount opt-in. Will it show as credit on months 2-7?

You will have an easier time buying the sim at a retailer who isn’t Walmart.  Walmart almost always forces an in store activation on you, even lying by saying they do exactly the same as you would at home.

There is something in the setup of the retail locations that tell PM when you activate in store.

An in store activate will nullify the referral and $10 for 6 month online only deals.

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@emshowah wrote:

Hi folks, I want to buy the SIM card for this promo from Walmart. Should I be asking them for a specific type of SIM card for this promo? I assume they would just be selling sim cards without worrying about which one is for which promo? Thanks in advance.

There is only one kind of SIM card for Public Mobile.  This promo is for online (at home) activation only so make sure you only buy a SIM card and do not let them activate it for you.  If you have a referral, you can also take advantage of the $25 refer a friend promo at the same time (online at home activation also required)

emshowah

Hi folks, I want to buy the SIM card for this promo from Walmart. Should I be asking them for a specific type of SIM card for this promo? I assume they would just be selling sim cards without worrying about which one is for which promo? Thanks in advance.

emshowah

</rant on>

If only folks would actually read the offers as they are posted.  Oh wait, nevermind, no one does that, and if no one posts, the rest of us can't get rewards.

</rant off>

itimjob
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got the confirmation from one of MOD. its only for new customer.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@apakorn wrote:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/10off-6months

wonder if this promo is only for new customer? or I can apply it to myself since im payinr $40/mo 

thx

@apakorn

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Activate-any-30-mo-plan-online-and-get-...

"This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only."

Need Help? Let's chat.