cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 for the first 30 days

VinceT
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up with Public Mobile and new to the service.  The promo says that I get $0 or free for the first 30 days of service.  However, when i signed up, they already charged my monthly plan, and I have yet to see a one-month free.  How can I get the $0 for first 30 day promo?  

Thanks

21 REPLIES 21

sweden06
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@sweden06 wrote:

One quick question: 

I got the second month (40 CAD) credited to my account today. Together with my Auto-Pay Reward I have a total of 42 CAD in account credits. The charge for my 40-a-month plan with taxes is 45.20. 

Am I correct in assuming that PM will credit the 42 towards the 45.20 and only charge me 3.20? 

Thanks in advance 

@sweden06  Correct.

@sweden06 You won't get charged anything. Your $42 Public Mobile account balance has the same value of a top up that you would normally pay $42+sales tax for.

Thanks for the reply! 

@geopublic wrote:

@sweden06 wrote:

One quick question: 

I got the second month (40 CAD) credited to my account today. Together with my Auto-Pay Reward I have a total of 42 CAD in account credits. The charge for my 40-a-month plan with taxes is 45.20. 

Am I correct in assuming that PM will credit the 42 towards the 45.20 and only charge me 3.20? 

Thanks in advance 

@sweden06  Correct.

@sweden06 You won't get charged anything. Your $42 Public Mobile account balance has the same value of a top up that you would normally pay $42+sales tax for.

@sweden06 wrote:

One quick question: 

Thanks in advance 

@sweden06  Correct.

sweden06

One quick question: 

Thanks in advance 

@will13am wrote:

It is impossible to expect the first month free.  Everyone would activate a ton of lines even if not needed.  You know how it is when things are free.  

Many people would just go back to the store every month (assuming that Public Mobile has this offer at least once every 30 days) and never ending up paying for service.

@will13am wrote:

It is impossible to expect the first month free.  Everyone would activate a ton of lines even if not needed, and jump ship to another provider after the 1st month.  You know how it is when things are free.  

Fixed that for ya! 😉 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is impossible to expect the first month free.  Everyone would activate a ton of lines even if not needed.  You know how it is when things are free.  

@VinceT wrote:

Yes, it's a new activation and new plan.  However, it was on the $15 plan. Does that apply?  The promo language is confusing.  

As others have said, yes, that applies to the $15 plan as well:

"Next 30 days  for $0 When you activate on any plan" and "The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied. Please note the one-time credit will be added to the account within 30 days of activation."

I too have the $15 plan, and that credit showed up in my account within a couple of hours, but as others have said, and the part I quoted above, it might take quite a bit longer.

In any case, Welcome Aboard! 👍 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VinceT wrote:

Ok, thanks for the info.  

I'll keep my eyes open for the credit.  It has been 5 days, so hopefully the credit will appear soon.

Thanks for your help

Depending which promo you signed up, the earlier promo: within 7 days after activation.

The later promo: within 30 days after activation.

VinceT

Ok, thanks for the info.  

I'll keep my eyes open for the credit.  It has been 5 days, so hopefully the credit will appear soon.

Thanks for your help

@VinceT 

Let me make it even more exciting for you...

If you were referred, and you are signed up for autopay:

You paid $15 for your first month

You received $2 for autopay plus $10 for a referral credit for $12

Your 2nd month will be paid by PM within 30 days of signing up AND youll receive another $2 autopay credit.

In your third month,your $15 will be paid by the following:

$10 referral credit

$4 autopay credit from first two months

$1 from your third month autopay credit.

AND you still have $1 left to apply to your 4th month.

NOW THATS A DEAL!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VinceT 

Read the offer details.  It is next 30days for $0 as PM always want us to pay full plan price on new activation.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/30daysfor0

@VinceT wrote:

Yes, it's a new activation and new plan.  However, it was on the $15 plan. Does that apply?  The promo language is confusing.  

Originally the promo was for @$25 + but before Dec. 23rd subsided, the PROMO was for ALL PLANS, including the $15 plan!

VinceT

@VinceT , only if it's a New Activation! Not a new plan.

EDIT: Just reread the thread. Yes, if you signed up for a $15 plan on activation, you will receive $15 in your account within 30 days. This will pay for your 2nd month. Sorry for the confusion!

VinceT

Thanks.  

I bought a $15 monthly plan.  Will that also apply to the promo?  The language just says a free month and the detail doesn't provide further info on the promo.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@VinceT wrote:

I just signed up with Public Mobile and new to the service.  The promo says that I get $0 or free for the first 30 days of service.  However, when i signed up, they already charged my monthly plan, and I have yet to see a one-month free.  How can I get the $0 for first 30 day promo?  

Thanks

You pay for 1st month, and the second one will be free - you will get credit for it.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@VinceT wrote:

Thanks

It may have been sold to you incorrectly, but this is the current promo available from Public Mobile. In the end, you're just as well off.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FLASH-SALE-Get-your-second-month-FREE-w...

It is not possible in my experience for a prepaid service to PAY for your first month, so PM pays for your second. You'll see the credit in your account within 30 days, assuming you are eligible.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

It is 2nd month not the 1st.

You will receive credit before your next renewal

Welcome to public mobile

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@VinceT The promo language was a bit confusing. You pay for the first 30 days, and will receive a credit to be used for the first renewal (or add-ons).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

BDW

Where did you see that promo? Did it give a code to enter when you signed up? 

I'm only familiar with the promotion for a free 2nd month, in which you would wait a little bit of time to see a credit appear on your Self Serve account and would make your 2nd month of service free. It takes a bit of time for credits to be added, usually. 

Need Help? Let's chat.