cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 for first 30 days

AsDGreat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, I saw the promotion going on at website on Jan 2, 2020 where it said pay $0 for first 30 days after new activation and I purchased a sim card right away. But now the details are gone from the website. Is there a way moderators can approve the deal for me, because I'm porting 4  numbers to Public Mobile. In sick an tired of others careers' overpriced services and gimmicks. I can provide the proof of dates of purchase too. 

8 REPLIES 8

@AsDGreat  If you did not activate right away then a couple of questions regarding the phone lines you want to move to public mobile. Are they prepaid or postpaid? How much is the plan they are on compared to the ones you want to activate on at public mobile? The first phone you want to switch over would it be one that could suffice on the $15 or $25 plan? And how much will you save by switching it to that plan? With a referral code you will get a credit of $10 and if for example you would save $25 just by switching then it's worth it to do it now then waiting for another promo not expected to happen for a few more weeks after a plethora of promos in November and December and paying for a higher priced plan with another provider.

Consider activating the line that can either save the most amount on the plan difference or the one that can manage on the cheapest plan like the $15. Often promos will only be eligible on the $35+ plans. As mentioned switch one and check out the service, use the community to learn as much as possible about public mobile and sign up for deal alerts. Then if one comes up or a bonus referral promotion you can take advantage then. Although some retailers may offer a free SIM with in store activation like Wal-Mart (you can always try that to save an additional $10 and save the SIM you have for one of your other lines) or London drugs it's always a good idea to have an extra SIM or two on hand to take advantage of an online only flash sale.

Learn all about the rewards so you can save that way as well... you might be able to line up a few friends to switch at the next flash sale. You will have your own referral code from the very first line you've switched. Flash sales and promos nearly all get announced on Fridays so avoid activating on a Thursday and will often end on Sunday or Monday always at 11:59pm et. (8:59pm pt.)

@AsDGreat  To be clear the promotion stated get your next 30 days free. So you activated the SIM on January 2nd you will definitely get a credit equal to your plan in the next 30 days....before your next renewal. If you activated on January 3rd you should qualify for the promo as well as the it's says it's expired as of January 3rd but it it didn't say that on the third so  you should recieve it but may have to contact the moderators for it if its not added a few days before your renewal.

@stef1301 wrote:

Hi AsDGreat,

You are right, the promo was first month free, but that been said PM will charge the first month and will credit your account fro the same amount, so you end up paying the first month and having the second one free. I register on January 2, 2020, because I received my SIM card on the 2nd only and I was able to get the promo, but I'm not sure that you will have it if you sign now.

Promo wasn't first month free. It was second month free.

stef1301
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi AsDGreat,

You are right, the promo was first month free, but that been said PM will charge the first month and will credit your account fro the same amount, so you end up paying the first month and having the second one free. I register on January 2, 2020, because I received my SIM card on the 2nd only and I was able to get the promo, but I'm not sure that you will have it if you sign now.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@AsDGreat wrote:

Hello, I saw the promotion going on at website on Jan 2, 2020 where it said pay $0 for first 30 days after new activation and I purchased a sim card right away. But now the details are gone from the website. Is there a way moderators can approve the deal for me, because I'm porting 4  numbers to Public Mobile. In sick an tired of others careers' overpriced services and gimmicks. I can provide the proof of dates of purchase too. 

Unfortunately, there were no such promotion. Only Second month for free, but this one finished a couple of weeks ago.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@AsDGreat 

It might be a good idea to start with one line anyways. Try one account. If like in my case, you like the service and it meets your needs, you'll be ready to move more lines over when the next promos come around.

Some people have jumped the gun and moved their family over all at once only to find out later the service was not what they were expecting.

@AsDGreat wrote:

Public Mobile has never offered the first 30 days of service for free. It's the second 30 days that would have been free. Unfortunately, you did need to activate the account while the promotion was still acitive.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@AsDGreat that promotion is over, the only thing right now is the friend refferal. If you use a refferal code you'll get a 10$ credit on your first account and then you can use your refferal code from that first account for the 2nd one and so on. When I moved to public mobile last year there was no promo at the time but I did anyway and I'm glad cause I've been saving ever since on my 7 accounts! 

Need Help? Let's chat.