cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0$ balance and my account is suspended

graham_m_dunn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Not sure what's going on - I upgrade a plan yesterday and am seeing "Your account is suspended" How do I fix this?

12 REPLIES 12

@will13am wrote:

@graham_m_dunn , I assume you downgraded your plan?

The OP said he "upgraded", in the 1st post of this thread.

@graham_m_dunn , I assume you downgraded your plan?  IIRC, there's a glitch where the system is still looking for full payment for the more expensive plan to be available.  However, during renewal the right amount of funds is debited for the revised plan. 

graham_m_dunn

So this is a retrospective, as things are working now.

But yes, my phone was working, in that everything on Wifi was fine, but if I called 611 I got the "your account has been suspended" message.

The renewal was supposed to be April 2 - which I assumed was just after midnight.

That was the message I was getting. I think the problem was that there was insufficient funds for the new plan, despite being on Autopay, and the system thinking I didn't need to add more money (spoiler: I did).

@graham_m_dunn wrote:

I added $1, nothing happened, so I added $5. Something happened 🙂 

@graham_m_dunn  If you go into your payment history you should be able to determine fairly quickly what the problem was. The only thing that would make sense is that you upgraded to higher priced plan but the AP renewed at the lower priced plan and thus the suspension.

Glad you go it working. 👍

graham_m_dunn

I added $1, nothing happened, so I added $5. Something happened 🙂 

@graham_m_dunn  it does,  how did you happen upon the amount of $6?

graham_m_dunn

Apparently despite not having any amount due listed, adding $6 to my account has fixed the problem. Does "Autopay" really not mean "Automatically pay"?

@graham_m_dunn  Ok, so does your account show your plan as being the correct one, i.e. the one you upgraded to? That, and have you tried any of the advice given to you earlier in this thread? Sometimes, from the list of things that gets things working, people's plans occasionally need a "good swift kick" to get them jump-started.

graham_m_dunn

I set it to "change plan on renewal" I have Autopay set up. I don't think the problem is with my phone because of the error messages I see on the website (plan suspended, etc). There is sufficient balance in my account and if I call 611 it tells me I owe $0 and won't let me pay.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@graham_m_dunn  Just to clarify, how did you go about upgrading, i.e. had you previously set your account to "change plan on renewal", or did you do a manual, "change plan immediately"? If you did it to change immediately, were there enough funds in your account balance, at the time, to cover the new plan? That is, I'm wondering, because of the title of this thread, if your account is suspended due to not being paid in full....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@graham_m_dunn wrote:

Not sure what's going on - I upgrade a plan yesterday and am seeing "Your account is suspended" How do I fix this?

@graham_m_dunn  Is you phone currently working?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@graham_m_dunn Try these tricks to restart your phone service. You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.