cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x on my network

Brock1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I am getting an X on my network. Am not able to connect at all?

20 REPLIES 20

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

It was right around November 2017 when my Rogers phone came unlocked out of the box, so yeah, a 3 year old phone is most likely still locked to Rogers.

They will provide you the code quickly if you contact their tech support, even with just their online chat and not a customer anymore.

You'll have to provide the IMEI number, as previously noted.

@Jb456 wrote:

Oracles can you merge threads ? @Luddite @computergeek541 @mimmo @ShawnC13 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/x-on-my-network/m-p/470079#M93545

Yes always good to keep one problem in one topic. Way less confusion about what has been done and less overall work on our part (volunteers) keeping up when everything is together in one place.

AE_Collector

@Brock1 wrote:

didn't work 😞 

What didn't work? Hard to trouble shoot when we aren't certain which of many suggestions your answer refers to.

You said your wife's phone works fine.
Swap sims.

Did the problem follow the sim or stay with the phone?

AE_Collector

@Brock1  What message are you getting when you put the SIM in your phone? If you have had the phone for 3 years and unlocking legislation did not come into effect until Dec of 2017 your phone is locked if you have not asked for it to be unlocked by Rogers. Call customer service and ask them for the unlocking code. They are required by law to give it to you without hassle.

Stay safe

@Brock1 Start by going to Settings - About Phone if you can find it, and find your model #. Mine is under hardware information.

Stay safe

Brock1

didn't work 😞 

@Brock1 I read your other thread. I certainly encourage you to contact @CS_Agent as @Jb456 says. However, can you try putting your sim in your wife's phone?

If you're sim works in your wife's phone, you'll know it's a phone issue and not a PM issue. Then if you share some more details with us, we may be able to help you find out if your phone is compatible with PM and perhaps what you have to do to get going.

The moderators are going to ask the same questions. And we're here ready to help you now.

Stay safe

Brock1

Huawei, its only a 3 year old phone

Rogers. If it is locked do I call the carrier?

only one SIM

No haven't tried it in another phone

Went through the settings, cannot get access to carrier network

yes

My wife has no problem with her phone

Stay safe

Brock1

its a huawei not sure about the model

Brock1

Hello,

I am still not connected. I am still getting an x on my connection bar. My wife had no problem connecting. How can I get a hold of anyone?

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What is your Phone make and model?

@Brock1

What is your specific phone model/variant? It may have incompatible radio hardware if it's too old or if it's intended for foreign markets.

Where did you (or the original owner) buy the phone? If it was purchased through a carrier then it might be carrier-locked.

If it's a dual-SIM or multi-SIM phone then did you try each SIM slot?

Have you tried your Public Mobile SIM card in another phone to confirm it works? 

Did you go through your Settings and select the carrier/network/operator (as "Public Mobile 3G")? Did you try restarting or resetting the phone?

Are you doing all this in an area or building which simply gets no cell signal? 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Brock1 wrote:

Hello, I am getting an X on my network. Am not able to connect at all?

@Brock1  power off your device and try reseeding your sim card to see if it connects to the network again.

@Brock1 wrote:

no, we just signed up.

We need more info. It could be incompatible phone or it might be an account issue.

Brock1

no, we just signed up.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Brock1 

More details would be helpful.

Has your service worked before?

New customer versus old?

Which model phone?

Account status active or suspended?