cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

would I be able to receive text messages outside of North America

amiew326
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi public mobile community !

would I be able to receive text messages outside of North America as the roaming states it is for US.

thank you in advance !

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you have an old  android phone you can download a sms forwarding  app and pop you pm sim into that phone before you leave for your trip. You can forward SMSes to email or a different number ie fongo.

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nope.

I went to South Korea a few months ago it was like my phone had no sim in it. With telus/rogers you'd get a "welcome to whatever country, data roaming will cost you x$ mb", the time zone would update, the carrier (or a different one) would still appear, and you'd get emergency alerts (if the countru used them and if there were any). But with Public Mobile it was just like I had no sim in my phone, no text with the option to roam, no time zone update, no carrier appeared on my phone (not even Public Mobile), and no emergency alerts. It was like my iphone was a wifi only ipad.

This isn't a bad thing, you can't accidentally roam, but it's just something to be aware of. I always get a local sim when I travel anyways. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@amiew326 wrote:

hi public mobile community !

would I be able to receive text messages outside of North America as the roaming states it is for US.

thank you in advance !

No you wouldn't.  There are no roaming packages available for any service outside of North America.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.