cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi

dennis77fox
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i activated PM yesterday on my iphone6, but it will not stay connected to wifi, not recieving any emails, have reset the wifi settings, tries to connect but then goes off after a few seconds.

help please

7 REPLIES 7

dennis77fox

thanks for the help, did reset on the iphone and then things started working, looks like wifi and cell data are both available now.

If Wifi issue, does other devices connect to your Wifi modem?  You could try also re-booting your Wifi modem....

@dennis77fox 

So, you mean your data for your phone? 

Try re-booting your phone

Do a network reset

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting https://apn-canada.gishan.net/. Select the brand and model of your phone, scroll down the page and then select Public Mobile. After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on PM network.

dennis77fox

it tries to connect but won't, in settings it shows connected to the home wifi.

dennis77fox

i think both are not working, shows connected to 3g but not able to view anything, 

voice and text working.

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dennis77fox wrote:

i activated PM yesterday on my iphone6, but it will not stay connected to wifi, not recieving any emails, have reset the wifi settings, tries to connect but then goes off after a few seconds.

help please

Hi @dennis77fox ,  wifi and data are different as @RobertQc has mentioned.  Which plan are you on?  If it's a plan that doesn't have a lot of data, then you should use your own/home wifi (if available) while at home and your Public Mobile plan data while you're away from your home.  

When you say it will not stay connected to wifi, do you mean it connects sometimes, or not at all?  

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@dennis77fox wrote:

help please

@dennis77fox  Wifi is something to do with your phone hardware, router, internet provider (cogeco, teksavvy, etc) and your home internet connection coax wire / telephone cable. Nothing to do with Public mobile or a mobile network.

Do you mean Mobile Data, or are you sure you are talking about your WIFI?

Need Help? Let's chat.