cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi and data

bjs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a talk and text plan. Can I use wifi to access the web without incurring data charges on myhome wifi and to ensure that I do not accidentally incur charges, can I turn off data downloads that are not using wifi?

4 REPLIES 4

MySweetPM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

1. You can use wifi to access web without incuring data charges on your Public Mobile account as you got only a talk and text plan BUT you certainly will have data charges on your homewifi. 

2. You can control data downloads on your homewifi by switching off wifi connection from your phone settings.

3. If you have a data plan with PM, you could turn off using the data  by going to phone settings / cellular Data and turn off cellular data.

JDT
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

One of the benefits of prepaid phone companies is that there are no overage charges.

The system simply does not let you use a service that you haven't already paid for.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

There are no extra charges with pm.

Wifi does not incur any charges either as it is external.

Keep data on and set up your son that way you can get MMS messages.

Have you purchased a data add-on? I Yes that is when I would turn data on and off to limit the add-ons usage.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

No worries - if your plan does not include data you won't get charged for it because you won't be able to use it. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.