cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why i got text message to complete the sim and activation online form, when account is setup already

aocprosat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Went to authorized public dealer yesterday and they help me setup new/acitvate new account and port over my resident phone number from CIK telcomm. The account was succesfully setup and I rec'd confirmation email that succesfuly activation. Got text message from public advising me they are experiencing difficulties process your request to move public mobile. Please complete Sim and activation online form. Not sure why I need to complete the activation again, when it done already. Please advise what should I do next? Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@AngelczK wrote:

I also received text messages after successful porting and activating my sim card..   Just ignore it..  If your phone works, its works.. 

The text message with the the content in the title of this thread means that porting has failed.

AngelczK
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I also received text messages after successful porting and activating my sim card..   Just ignore it..  If your phone works, its works.. 

@aocprosat wrote:

If I ignore this message, would my porting number over from CIK to Public mobile fail? I understanding it will take two days to port.

Nothing catastrophic will happen if you ignore the message.  However, you would conrinue to be charged by CIK as the phone number transfer has already failed.  You can try again, but you'll have to use the instructiona already provided by a few other members to contact Public Mobile's moderators.

@RossN, that text mesaage shouldn't be ignored as it flat-out means porting failure, although Public Mobile provides incorrect instructions in this message.  I suppose that it's possible that Public Mobile could send out a message in error, but I doubt that is case here since there really was number porting being attempted.

Successful activation doesn't mean successful porting.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aocprosat wrote:

Went to authorized public dealer yesterday and they help me setup new/acitvate new account and port over my resident phone number from CIK telcomm. The account was succesfully setup and I rec'd confirmation email that succesfuly activation. Got text message from public advising me they are experiencing difficulties process your request to move public mobile. Please complete Sim and activation online form. Not sure why I need to complete the activation again, when it done already. Please advise what should I do next? Thanks

@aocprosat It means that there is a problem with your number port. You need to provide Public Mobile with tje correct and/or missing information.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Oh I thought you said everything was done lol in that case you must contact a moderator they will need your account number,name on account and phone number click this link 

aocprosat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I ignore this message, would my porting number over from CIK to Public mobile fail? I understanding it will take two days to port.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@aocprosat hi if everyting is working as it should than disregard message welcome to PM you will probably get the odd wierd message around here from time to time lol

Need Help? Let's chat.