cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do i get a msg that says: EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY. i have only had the phone 4 days ???

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have made two phone calls local and received and sent about ten messages. thats it.

msg on face of phone when i try to call someone:  emergerncy calls only.  whats up with that?

5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@88 wrote:

I have made two phone calls local and received and sent about ten messages. thats it.

msg on face of phone when i try to call someone:  emergerncy calls only.  whats up with that?

@88  That usually occurs when your phone gets blacklisted. Where did you purchase your phone from?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

What is your status when you login to self serve?

Try rebooting the phone or Shutting off the phone and taking the sim out for 10 minutes, reinstall it and turn the phone back on. Anything happen just prior to receiving this message?

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@88Swap your SIM card to another phone.. see if it is a phone problem or a Public Mobile issue. It could be your SIM card is not contacting correctly.. or your phone has been blacklisted if you got the phone second hand.

@hairbag1If the OP is out of minutes, it will still have service and won't default to Emergency Calls only.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the $10 plan ? If so, you've likely run outta talk minutes. Get the $5 for 500 minute add-on. You'd be able to call anywhere in Canada (while you're in Canada) for 500minutes and it rolls over until you use it up.

Need Help? Let's chat.