cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when do i get an actual phone #?

msmski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just ordered the SIM card.  Will my phone number be assigned when i get the SIM card?  thanks

4 REPLIES 4

msmski
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you all!

J3ssicaorr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@ShawnC13 wrote:

@msmski wrote:

I just ordered the SIM card.  Will my phone number be assigned when i get the SIM card?  thanks

When you receive your sim and go to activate it that is where you can choose to port in an existing number or choose a number.  You will be given options and when activating sim I think you can even do a search for certain numbers.  The SIMs do not come with a phone number assigned to them

It was one of the last steps of the activation of the sim. I got to choose from a list of numbers (unless I wanted to transfer an existing number) and then you can choose to see more options. In the end I was permitted to choose my last four digits so long as they were not already in use. The first six numbers are based on your location though and non-alterable.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@msmski wrote:

When you receive your sim and go to activate it that is where you can choose to port in an existing number or choose a number.  You will be given options and when activating sim I think you can even do a search for certain numbers.  The SIMs do not come with a phone number assigned to them

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Anonymous
Not applicable

@msmski wrote:

When you get the SIM and start into the online activation process, you'll select a number along the way. You pick it. It's not "assigned".

Need Help? Let's chat.