cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when can I get $25 reward for referring?

michelwork
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi guys,

I just ported my phone and got it active, still not seeing the $25 reward in my account and my friend's account, do you have an idea when will we get it?

Also, do I need to call fido to cancel my old plan? 

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

mikuck23
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Mine showed up next day

@michelwork For my understanding,  you don't need to set APN setting for iPhone. 

Rubia

I just activated my account a walmart yesterday evening, recieved $10 this morning. Seems it takes one night to recieve the bonus.

You don't have to call fido to cancel it. After you port your fido number to the public mobile service, your fido service will be cancelled automatically. If you have a fido online account, once you login, you might see the service has been cancelled already.

sp1826

first check if Internet is working or not, usually it is done automatically.

if not, then you might need to setup APN

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If you ported your phone over from Fido successfully, that Fido account should be closed automatically.

I can only speak for certain for mine (Telus), which was cancelled right away. 

@michelwork wrote:

yeah, but my available fund is only $2, also do I need to the APN setting for iphone? what's that for? isn't it automatic setted by iphone?

It depends on your Iphone..we have 6 in my family and we never had to setup APN....it was automatic..

sp1826

for APN setting see below link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610...

wait for 24 hours, the the fund might show up, and if not, contact moderators.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@michelwork wrote:

Hi guys,

I just ported my phone and got it active, still not seeing the $25 reward in my account and my friend's account, do you have an idea when will we get it?

Also, do I need to call fido to cancel my old plan? 

Thanks!

The 25$ will appear in the next 72 hours...and no you don't need to call fido..nothing to do with your old company...it's in public mobile hand now.Smiley Happy

michelwork

yeah, but my available fund is only $2, also do I need to the APN setting for iphone? what's that for? isn't it automatic setted by iphone?

sp1826

Same here,

But in My account it shows available fund as $27, means $25 referral and $2 for autodeposit.

can you check your available fund?

Need Help? Let's chat.