cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when I turn my phone on all I can get is a screen that says emergency call. How do I get rid of this

kkate
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@kkate wrote:

cannot try in another phone. only have 1 phone

@kkate  Take your phone to a mobile kiosk and ask them if they can test your PM sim card to determine if it is defective or if your phone is the problem.

@geopublic I think we should rule out a second-hand phone that's been blacklisted by the seller.  This is sadly a relatively common occurrence.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@kkate wrote:

@kkate  Take your phone to a mobile kiosk and ask them if they can test your PM sim card to determine if it is defective or if your phone is the problem.

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I found similar advice here. Click or Press Here

The one thing I missed....did you check your PM account to make sure it is still active?

88cranston
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From what I understand you can call 911 from any mobile phone if it has active or inactive service, SIM or NO SIM. And the "Emergency Call" message is telling you that all this phone can do is an Emergency Call only. So is your SIM card defective, need reseating, or does your phone need a Network Reset OR a reboot??

THEnewfie

-Recent drops could mess with the sim port (perma-screwed territory)

-certain phone models don't have the ability to connect to the PM network

-recent activation or porting of numbers can sometimes make sims temporarily "not register" and hence "emergency calls only"

-even worse SOME phones have known issues with sim ports where they'll stop working for one reason or another, even when you HAVEN'T hurt your device in any way

-if you have any OLD sims you once used, try it in your current phone. It'll likely say "unregistered on network" or something different than "emergency calls only" ..if it does, your phone is fine 👌

How long have you had this phone?

Did you purchase it new?

Is it possible the phone got blacklist?

You can check here:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kkate wrote:

phone was working fine up until now

You may want to send a message to moderators via SIMon at this link: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

When talking to SIMon type in:

'rep'

then select 'contact us'

then 'submit ticket'

follow the prompts to complete your ticket submission

kkate

kkate

phone was working fine up until now

kkate

Just removed the sim card and then rebooted and still no luck

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kkate 

WHich phone do you have?

PM does not support GSM(2G).  If you have an older unlocked Rogers/FIDO phone which supports only GSM(2G) signal, your phone will not work for PM.

Hi, what phone are you using?

It does not seem to be connecting to PM network.

Can you try the SIM card on another phone?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Rebooting the phone after reinserting the sim card should get it working properly.

kkate

Thanks. I'll try that.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kkate wrote:

I did reboot the phone, but no change.

Power off your phone, remove SIM, wait 5 mins, re-insert SIM, restart your phone.

kkate

I did reboot the phone, but no change.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kkate   Did you just port?  Have you tried rebooting your phone since inserting PM SIM and activating your account?

Need Help? Let's chat.