what is step by step process in changing from koodo to public mobile

penstar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

13 REPLIES 13

penstar

Thank You

@penstar wrote:

Are you saying I can use my same SIM card I use now through Koodo?

Nope. Your phone will work on Public Mobile network, but you'd need to buy and activate a PM sim card with a plan. You Koodo sim will not work on PM network.

penstar

Are you saying I can use my same SIM card I use now through Koodo?

pmmobile
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@penstar  As mentioned by GR you'll receive $10 if you use a friend's referral code and after you've activated your account, you can refer a friend and receive the limited time promo $20 bonus

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You will need to keep your Koodo account open during the porting process.

Here is more info.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

GreaseMonkey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Well you need to get a PM sim card. Don't cancel your Koodo account. It will compicate things. Do it after you are set up with PM.

It also depends if you are on Koodo prepay or post pay.

If you are on the post pay, you can port your # right away by youself  if you are doing it online. 15 mins I was up and running.

If it's prepay you will be asked to for a new # and later you can ask Koodo to port your original # to PM .

Any ways you can go to a kiosk in a mall or Walmart  they can set you up without any hassels.
Good Luck.

@Coolbeanz wrote:

Start off by making sure your phone is unlocked from kodo. Then buy a SIM card and once you have the SIM card pick a plan follow the directions online.

@Coolbeanz  That's not necessary since a Telus/Koodo phone will always work with Public Mobile (same company)

@Coolbeanz @penstar  a Koodo phone will work with public mobile and Telus,  they're all part of the same company 

Coolbeanz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Start off by making sure your phone is unlocked from kodo. Then buy a SIM card and once you have the SIM card pick a plan follow the directions online.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@penstar 

1. Keep Koodo account active
  2. If you have a Koodo postpaid account access your selfserve account and chose the change number option and provide Kooodo account number, name on account and Koodo phone number.
  3. If you have a Koodo prepaid account your need to contact the moderator team and ask them to setup the port for you by providing the same info as in step 2.

To contact Public Mobile for help you have 3 options:

Option 1: Ask Simon for help type your question and follow the prompts.

simon.PNG

Option 2: If you are still having a problem then try submitting a ticket directly to the Public Mobile Moderator Team as follows:

stpm-new.png

Option 3: If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

penstar

not close to a walmart store

Coolbeanz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

GR
Mayor / Maire

@penstar go to Walmart if ones near you and they'll take care of everything and they have a free Sim right now and you'll also get your 2nd month free.  Use a refferal code and you'll also receive 10$ to use on your 3rd months bill

Need Help? Let's chat.