cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do i do?

JuOs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my father just went to walmart and got his sim card and vouchers. we went online to activate everything and all went well he got the email and when trying to log in there is no account found. tried restarting phone and still "no service." tried the forgot password option and when we put the email in it says the email is not valid even though he got an email saying it was activated. this is very stressful as he just paid 140$ getting two sim cards for him and my mother and the vouchers. 

•  
12 REPLIES 12

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

you nentioned 2 sim cards,  is the correct one in the phone?

As mentioned above. send as message to mods, I would include the text from the activation email, sim number,  and voucher numbers.

JuOs

saying account had been created and takes me to forgot password and then put in email and email is still not valid....

JuOs

and it is all compatible .

JuOs

no it was not a transferred number

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@JuOs Couple of questions/ideas:

a) If he requested the transfer of another number to Public Mobile, what is the carrier?

b) What is make/model of his phone? Are you sure it is unlocked? Where did he buy it?

c) Is there another unlocked phone he can use to try the SIM? Does his old SIM still work?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Can you log in your account? Or do you have a problem with the sim card?

The account can be blocked if you tried too many times ..you have to wait about 1 hour before try again...

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JuOs wrote:

yes. we did it and it worked he got an email saying thanks for activating with us and then his phone still said no service... so we clicked link on the email to log in tried to log in.. wouldnt work, so we tried forgot password and said the email was not valid... 

Sometimes it doesn't create the self serve account. You have to do so manually by clicking here.

You can already write a message to the moderator here for help...

JuOs

we did create the account its still not activating the sim like it says no service. 

JuOs

yes. we did it and it worked he got an email saying thanks for activating with us and then his phone still said no service... so we clicked link on the email to log in tried to log in.. wouldnt work, so we tried forgot password and said the email was not valid... 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

It can be a problem with the browser, try a different browser or mode, most people find that Chrome incognito works.

Try going to "My Account" and creating an account, when I signed up it didn't automatically create one for me.

If he still can't log in then he will need to send a private message to a moderator, he can do that here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Don't worry there is a solution...did you try the same email as in your message??

Need Help? Let's chat.