cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail

CelesteG
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi - my husband and I just recently switched to Public Mobile. In trying to set voicemail, I cannot access it by pressing on the '1' on the keypad (I can call my own number and access it). When I press on the 1 I get a box ' Add voicemail number? You need to add a number to access your voicemail'

I click add number then click voicemail number (not set) and try to put in my own number (any other number does not show up) and I get an error. 

I have activated my voicemail, I have restarted my phone - nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

13 REPLIES 13

CelesteG

The moderator just said they made some changes. Once I restarted the phones after these changes all was resolved. I also assume some kind of account reset was done.

@CelesteG wrote:

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I needed a moderator to intervene, but the issue is resolved now.

Great to hear it was resolved. I'm curious if you know what the moderators did? Just to help others here for future suggestions. I'm guessing some kind of account reset/reprovision to update the settings in the phone?

CelesteG

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. I needed a moderator to intervene, but the issue is resolved now.

@esjliv wrote:

See here for help info. and list of Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

@CelesteG, If you have problems programming a voicemail access number for the "1" key, you can program any one of the local access numbers in the link above into any of the other speedial slots as a workaround. The function in the end is no different. Then you could also have it autodial your PIN too, which I recommend enabling if it isn't, otherwise anyone spoofing your caller ID will can get straight into your voicemail.

Here is a speed dial example that will dial the access number 306-580-4001, and automatically enter the PIN 1234:

• 3065804001,1234#

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@CelesteG wrote:

Hi - my husband and I just recently switched to Public Mobile. In trying to set voicemail, I cannot access it by pressing on the '1' on the keypad (I can call my own number and access it). When I press on the 1 I get a box ' Add voicemail number? You need to add a number to access your voicemail'

I click add number then click voicemail number (not set) and try to put in my own number (any other number does not show up) and I get an error. 

I have activated my voicemail, I have restarted my phone - nothing works.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

@CelesteG 

See here for help info. and list of Voicemail Access Numbers:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CelesteG : So on my Samsung A31 running A11 - open the dialer, click on the 3 dots upper right, click on Settings, click on Voicemail, click on Voicemail number - remove what was there and type +17785804001 . No spaces in front, no spaces at the end. Do you still get the message?

@CelesteG wrote:

Thank you,

I will create a ticket.

Can you go into your phone app, look through the settings and see if there is a voicemail setting and and if there is add the number there.  Make sure the voicemail service is set to "your carrier".  I think that is how the phone app works on a Samsung device.  As for the voicemail number, as already mentioned, it should be your area code, followed by 5804001. 

One other thing to check in the dialer settings is call forwarding.  Make sure that is set to the Public Mobile voicemail number.  

CelesteG

Thank you,

I will create a ticket.

@CelesteG In that box, you can type the number in. Remember the +1 before the number.  You can ask a moderaror which number is assigned to your voicemail. Click the chat bubble to make a ticket.  Moderators can also get the number pushed to your sim card.

CelesteG

Hi - I have found where to input a voicemail number, but when I tried to input the number you suggested, I get the following error

Failed to read data. Your voicemail number cannot be changed.

I have a Galaxy S20FE

CelesteG

Thanks - I have restarted my phone and the voice mail number is still blank.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CelesteG : Somewhere in your dialer there should be settings for voicemail with a number. My bet is you have some kind of code. This place uses a phone number. What make/model/submodel phone is it? Either that or we could set it with other dialer codes.

A number to try is 17785804001. But there are many across the country. It doesn't matter when you have Canada-wide calling though.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@CelesteG Restart phone to get the number updated on your sim.  You can also call your own number to get your voicemail.

Need Help? Let's chat.